1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

hog hunters!

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by p1tbull, May 4, 2010.

1. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

okay i was wondering do the hog hunters use spring pole as an workout. Reason why i ask is because when using a spring pole people (we) use a cow hides and it would stimulate an ear instead of anything else and as far as i know about hog hunting ( i dont know much) ear riding is dangerous. So is the spring pole an bad idea if you dont like the dog to ride on ears?

2. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

ears are key for hog dogs, noses come off easily arms rip n tear. so do ears though, ears are big and thay can move around real good, anywhere else is kinda hard to work. ears give them a chance to be in a safe spot, hogs cant turn good so they will pin the dog between their side and rip up shoulders and hips, flirt pole is great training, also teaching to pull.....you can drive a 4x4 post into the ground, drill a hole in the top and run your flirt pole thru the hole so the dogs front feet wont hit the ground, this forces them to pull pull pull like crunches, this is also a good way to rip a midsection

3. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

We do flirtpole, and a little springpole for the hog hunting dogs. Mostly treadmill and swimming. Anything to make them more long winded.

4. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

thx.........