1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hog Dreams

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by findrodhere, May 5, 2006.

1. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

Where can I go to find info about hog hunting, i.e. clubs, camps and/or people in the know? I don't have any hunting experience (born and raised in chicago), but I'm a quick learn and I've got basic outdoors experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

bump......

3. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

Are there any hunters left on game-dog?

4. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

Good question, I'd like to know also.

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Stillwater hog-hunts, along with mia and some others. Im also pretty much born and raised in Chicago, and am still intrested in hog-hunting at some point in time. For awhile I was fixing to bring up some hogs to practice with before traveling down South, but I decided that wasnt the best thing to do (introduce pests to our area!). It will have to wait until I make the move I suppose. What exactly are you looking for, I've got various links.

6. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

I don't hog hunt, but my brother and a few of his friends do down in the Rio Grande Valley do.

7. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

Give me a call or shoot me a email.
    Hunting pretty hard now(2-3 nights a week)

Going threw a lot of dogs also.

8. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

Let me more specific: I'd like to go on a hunt in NC (i know they got boar out here), I don't have dogs trained in hunting so I'm worthless in the dog dept. and lastly, it'd be good to go out with people that actually kill and eat the boar after (i feel that if it's killed for my enjoyment, i'd better consume it). Any ideas?

9. dog-man

dog-man Big Dog

10. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

11. Here in South Texas we got some Big Hogs. A friend of mine goes twice a week