1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hog dog training

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by xBullSonx, Jul 24, 2016.

1. xBullSonx

xBullSonx Pup

How to train my pitbull to catch hogs

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

First step, get some hogs.

3. xBullSonx

xBullSonx Pup

Do I train them early as puppies or wait till they mature?

4. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

Gotta have solid teeth, don't start on no rank boars. Similar size young pigs, then step it up

niko and bamaman like this.
  5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I was actually gone suggest to get with some experienced hunters in your area and let them teach you.

niko, reddirt redneck and treezpitz like this.
  6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I always wait till thier big teeth come in , what ever pups I place , I always look at the pups I kept and when I see the big teeth come in ill take a ride about a week later and check on the ones I placed..They still pups don't over work them, and the ones I like are the ones who catch the first one they ever see..Sorta take to it like a baby duck to water.

niko and reddirt redneck like this.
  7. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I agree Bama. The question was pretty general so I threw back a general response. If I was being serious then I would have suggested what you did. That's the safest way to go about it no doubt.

niko likes this.
  8. Oloony

Oloony Banned

If you want to get tranning for your dog then you can visit https://www.thisdogslife.co/
    This Dog’s Life is the trusted resource for dog parents to find the best up-and- coming brands, new services and places to experience with their pup in their local community.

9. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

Dont appear to be any hunting there