1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hmm natural blues?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BlueCrush, Dec 16, 2004.

1. hawk

hawk Big Dog

2. pit stop

pit stop Pup

Okay, and staff's are what? remember that back in the day when these dogs were on the ground, the difference in an APBT and and AMSTAFF was in where they were registered. UKC or AKC.

They could be dual registered, or single registered. Today there are still lines of AMSTAFF's that are quite game....Expert and Ruffian are the ones that I know of.

I understand that due to placing the emphasis on conformation as opposed to the quality of gameness the differences have become exaggerated, but AMSTAFF's are basically still Pit Bulls.

And were very much deserving of the name of pit bull back in California Blue's day.

Pit stop

p.s. just wanted to add that I dont consider myself an expert on the subject, and that if anyone on the board has information contrary to my understanding, dont hesitate to straighten me up.

3. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I posted my male's pic.Check my gallery.

4. Vador

Vador Big Dog

Nice dogs whiskey. And no matter what color the dog may be, its all about show and prove!

5. 5555

5555 Pup

yeeaah my favorite topic "why blues arent pitbulls and are just inferior staffs"

1. blues are not pitbulls they are staffs, they were not bred for gameness they were bred for conformation.

2. it is very rare to have black brindle and fawn dog offspring a blue pup. usually while they are young they will be black or brindle dogs that have a tint of blue that will fade away as they age. (ie not a blue dog) but it is possible although very rare to have a performance little that a blue pops up in.

3. staffs can produce gamedogs but in my opinion it is as likely as a lab becoming Dog of the year and being a 5xw. the staffs that prove themselves game are just genetic freaks that were good in the box but wont produce shit. and those are odds i am not willing to waste time and money feeding and caring for to get the 1/100 decent dog.

6. Vador

Vador Big Dog

Good Happy 4 You

7. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

I read the ped. For the California Blue dog but I posted it cuz someone wanted to see it. But for the last time. There are purebred game pits out there that just so happen to be blue. It's possible, no one can deny that. But there are so many staffs out there that are like 1000lbs monsters that have people putting them all in the same box. This is just one of those things people will argue about forever.

8. mutt

mutt Pup

what kennel is gotti from i wanna see how big he is

9. mutt

mutt Pup

and you guys tell me what u think about the carver watchdog mason blood line chaos kennels has good lookin dogs but are they game or just for conformation

10. mutt

mutt Pup

you know dont take this offensive but i get so tiresd of especialy these young dudes talkin bout blue this or i wanna blue dont know anthink about pitbulls its like its a fad to them koloe doesnt make a dog at all i dont care if i had a game dog that was pink if hes game then thats all that matters...you feel me

11. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

What a coincidence...I read something in Game Dog Magazine about them today....

12. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

IMO, A dog is still a dog wether it is pink, purple, or blue. I dont give a shit. Yes, "back in the day" Amstaffs and Pits were the same thing. Evolution dosnt take that damn long! selective breeding brought out all the blues.... Im not saying it isnt posable for a blue game dog, but it isnt as common o see a game blue than it is to see a blue cur, thats half amstaff...
    (P.S. Watchdog is NOT a game bloodline)

13. About the Blue Pauls?

14. hawk

hawk Big Dog

Reply to pit stops post #22

Okay, and staff's are what? remember that back in the day when these dogs were on the ground, the difference in an APBT and and AMSTAFF was in where they were registered. UKC or AKC.

You would have a point if this was 1937!! This is from the AKC.

In 1936, they were accepted for registration in the AKC Stud Book as Staffordshire Terriers. The name of the breed was revised effective January 1, 1972 to American Staffordshire Terrier. Breeders in this country had developed a type which is heavier in weight than the Staffordshire Bull Terrier of England and the name change was to distinguish them as separate breeds.

Let me ask you this, if you breed two game pits together will you get an all game litter?? The answer is obviously NO. So tell me if a dog has been bred almost 70 years for show how can you consider them the same as a true game bred APBT?? As you can see at one time the Am Staff and the Stafforshire Bull Terrier were lumped into the same breed but since they were being bred for different confirmations the AKC separated them. Don't you see how they should be separate because they have NOT been bred for gameness in almost 70 years??

Today there are still lines of AMSTAFF's that are quite game....Expert and Ruffian are the ones that I know of.
    Show me evidence of this. I remember in an old SDJ a Ruffian, or part Ruffian, dog was shown. I forget the results but I don't think it was that great of a hunter. I could be wrong but I would like to know of some good hunting Staff blood.

And were very much deserving of the name of pit bull back in California Blue's day.
    But what about TODAY!!!!

15. pit stop

pit stop Pup

Hawk, I confess that anything I profess to know about the subject is learned 2nd hand. I have no idea what any line of dogs does in the [] today.

16. hawk

hawk Big Dog

No flaming please!! I am just posting this because mutt asked;) They do not say how big he is and you notice they mention NOTHING about his pedigree. If you are breeding that is the most important thing. If you read in their info on what they say the are breeding for it says nothing of GAMENESS!!!

http://www.gottiline.com/GOTTIPAGE.html

17. hawk

hawk Big Dog

18. pit stop

pit stop Pup

Richard Stratton mentions the Blue Poll's from Scotland in his book.

19. hawk

hawk Big Dog

I have four books that he wrote. I don't know if I have the one you are talking about. But I have not read those books in YEARS. That why I asked lambchop to give more info.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2004
  20. pit stop

pit stop Pup

I think it is the one called "the american pit bull terier" Not positive though. The cover shows a teen aged young man kneeling with a pied brown and white bitch. I used to have a copy but lost it over the years.

As I recall there was not a lot of info given, just a mention and brief discussion about possible meanings for the term "poll."