1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hmm natural blues?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BlueCrush, Dec 16, 2004.

1. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

This question was prolly asked before but.......

Are there any natural blue pits out there? Not those big monters like gotti or razor's edge or anything, but a natural 45-50 pound American Pit Bull Terrier? I searched and searched but never seen a correct blue American Pit Bull Terrier, enlighten me please

2. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

dunno Crush, good question. I just recently atended APBT conformatin show. Only two blues in show (besides weight pull) and both of these dogs were 75+. They were in a fun class "Best of Blues" and neither of them impressed me.

3. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Yes there are natural blues. They are just more uncommon because it usually is'nt bred for. Blue is just a recessive color trait like a white dog or red-nose.

4. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

So the in other words its rare?, and those big blue monters could have health problems?

5. They're rare with APBTs because they're bred for performance not structurally conformance. They're more common in AmStaffs because blue coats are the current FAD. Blue is just a dilluted black, there's no health problems associated with that coat color. It can occur naturally by crossing a black brindle and fawn.

6. The Watcher

true Chop, I have a first generartin blue dog that comes out of typical conformation type APBT's, "minightcowboy blood" and all ancestors are mostly black and sometimes buckskin or fawn. But since she is a first i don't know if you would call her "true blue"? I call her "dog" Will she throw blue pups-??>???? She will only be bread if she proves worthy. Do I care if they are blue?, Nope.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2004
  7. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

I don't want to sound like a jerk but all the dogs with the "blue" coats are natural. They're not altered to get the color. They might not be purebred apbt's but they are natural. As stated blue is just a recessive gene, that people are breeding for bcuz they can make $$ off of it. It's more common in staffs bcuz they have gone away from breeding for gameness so they can breed for looks.

Also, Gotti wasn't bred to be that size. He was a genetic freak, that people have used to in a sense start a completely different breed of dog.

8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

well, "maybe" gotti wasn't bred to be that size, but his owners are making lots of bank off him. things would get better if people made a living to support their dogs instead making a living off their dogs to support themselves :(

9. pit stop

pit stop Pup

Do a search for UKC Ch. California Blue. I dont think you will find a more "real" pit bull anywhere irregardless of color....and he purebred.

Pit Stop

10. The Watcher

Pitstop can u send a link for this dog, can't find him-

11. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

12. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

gosh that thing is huge. can me move or does he just lumber around? him vs. hog hmmm......;)

13. pit stop

pit stop Pup

I wasnt being touchy. Just attemptng to answer a question with correct information. The misinformation being perpetuated concerning the blue dogs is pervasive within the pit bull community. I do agree that certain bloodlines being marketed today are not purebred. But blue has been around as a color found in purebred APBT's since before any of these monstrosity's became popular.

Pit Stop

14. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

alright, I under stand now

15. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

Sorry I posted the wrong link, that's the right one to his ped, I can't find a pic though.

16. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

17. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

yes they do jc. they call him grey, but blue or grey he's a nice dog & he is off a Skull breeding. i've seen several pics of him recently.

18. Gotta agree, blue has been around for quite some time. One of the most famous blue dogs are the Blue Pauls, it's said to be one of the breeds used to develop the APBT. I just don't understand why some people believe blue dogs are inferior or curs because of their coat color. A black brindle APBT crossed with a fawn APBT will give you blue dogs, are the offspring pure APBTs...you bet...was there any crossing required...no. As long as the dogs are game and have a good drive, I wouldn't care about the coat color.

19. pit stop

pit stop Pup

There is nothing special about any color. It is a matter of preference for those who see one color as being more desirable than another. I like a pit bull that is predominately white. Are white pit's better? No. Do I think they look better? Yes.

Color is important to some of us who only want a pit bull for a pet and companion. I am on my third, would not consider another breed, and they have all been mostly white. My preference.

Blue is a current fad, nothing else.

Pit Stop

20. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Hey guys.I have a few blues.My best one is a true 45-50 pounder.He conditions at 41.Here is a link.Click on the males and click on Blue to go to his page.I haven't updated his pics yet,but he's a true game blue. www.geocities.com/whiskeybaykennel