1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hind Legs?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by williewonka1, Jul 29, 2009.

1. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

Any ideas why I cant get weight off my 2 year old females hind legs?
    Shes gets walked 6-8 times a week 15-45 min at a time. With walking areas changing from uphill/downhill to flatland. Flirt pole 10-15 mins 3 times a week.
    Ive never had a problem with any dog like this before her hinds are just extremely big! Im thinkin genetics but not sure any help is greatly appreciated. thanks wonka

2. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Post some pics so we can see what you are talking about.

3. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

Id love to but my lady has the camera at her family reunion. Im tryin to get one.

4. You're right it very well could be genetics. The term is known as bunchy. Things to avoid are drag weights, up hill walks, carpet mills. More cardio work will help. Running, milling, swimming. Nothing can do miracles either way, but this should help some.

5. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

When you can show us some pic's.

One of my females has what I like to call greyhounditis. Lol She rangy body with some powerful hind legs!

6. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

[​IMG]

this pic was taken about six months ago shes came down in weight since. sorry i forgot she swims like a fish.

7. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

remember most of the dogs strength is in there hind legs and neck so the more walks you do the more muscle you build onto the legs

8. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

i totally agree cooter. Ive been working her almost pre keep style to get her weight down/tighten her up and shes lookin good everywhere exept her backend.

9. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

i had a dog that i workd a few years back that was fat and by the time i had the fat off of her she was a mass of muscle and weighed in about 5 pounds heavier then when i started becuase she had gained so much muscle

10. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

She just looks naturally thick, with a lot of bulky muscle. Keep up the cardio! She'll never lean up like a naturally-leggy dog, but any dog can look great with proper diet and exercise.

Anyway, she's a good lookin' gal.