1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hi guys

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vinu Nair, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

I am new to the forum, this forum looks very interesting and informative. I own two dogs on is a labrador/pitbull mix also called a labrabulll and the other is a Cane Corso pup female 4 months old. Glad to be a part of the community I also own a site called Pit Bull Mixed dedicated to pit bull mixed dogs such as the pitador, bull boxer etc.

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Why do they have to be a pit bull mix? Why aren't they a labrador mix or a boxer mix or simply a mutt? The media and ignorant people want to call it a pit bull as soon as something bad happens.

3. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

Lol they are a pit bull mix because i love pit bull dogs and any dog that is mixed with a pit bull has its own name and shares qualities from the pit bull such as the coat, guarding instincts etc. Some are Labrabull, Pitador, Bull boxer, Rotweiler etc.

Ofcourse you can have a labrador mix but hat would be like boxer and labrador mix which is a Boxador, there is no pit bull mix in him.. Pit bull mixed dogs are coming into popularity they even have a nice facebook group on just labrabulls alone..

And many pit bull lovers that are renting an apartment are shifting, many will say we ban pit bull and rotti's from this apartment but i can have my pit bull and my rottie :) in its own classification.

4. jacko

jacko CH Dog

and what exactly is the purpose of all these crosses ? what for eg does a pitadore excell in what warrants such a breeding ? if you want a pit get one if you want a lab same applies , there are imo to many crossed breeds already and any dog that resembles a bull & terrier that gets in the wrong hands and is ha is one to many in my book !

5. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

When a crossed up pit mix that has its "own classification" gets in trouble it becomes a pure pitbull in the eyes of the media. "special dogs" for "special people" is the only reason for the breedings. What's the difference between a labrabulll and a Pitador? Do these breeds have special colors that are bred for or is any color ok as long as it has a cool name?

6. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

Lol well where I am from in ny we pit bull lovers have no choice but to consider a mix if we really want something close to a pure pit in an apartment. I don expect these dogs to excel in anything nor do i care for a particular color. My labrabull is the best dog i have ever owned, personality, temperament and everything. When do you see a pure bred lab being restricted from an apartment?

7. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

Well i am not a breeder are you discouraging people to adopt pit bull mixes that are alredy out there? Cuz in my book there are far too many.. And they are some of the best temperament dogs i have seen.

8. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

the CKC lets hibrids be registered... what have they done?

9. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Dogs should be allowed only in apartments that have other dog owners. Last thing I want to do is get into an altercation because someones lil pommi poo yourki doodle bullador, or whatever wont shut up because the owner is too stupid to control their mut. We are glad you love your dog, cause every dog deserves that chance.Is this not the reason for our relationship with dog? It is no way a responsible owners responsibility to feel guily that some retard desided to breed their dogs, reguardless of breed, and they ended up in the shelter. There are many more dogs in shelters than dog lovers....dont ya think?

10. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

I agree also i think its how you train your dog as a pup which matters and every breed can be a great breed regardless whether they are mixed or not.

11. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

12. jacko

jacko CH Dog

vinu nair hello , no i am far from discouraging people from adopting dogs from shelters , what i am against is irresponsible breedings in the first place, there have always and always will be mongrels out there of which many are far healthier than the "pedegree" dogs. but they are what they are mongrels, why hang the name "pit"mix on them when they can be for eg a lab mix or whatever. there are also people who cross breed pure-breds for a reason with both parents being papered, terrier men have been doing it for years,but i cant see the benefits of eg a pit-lab or a pit-poodle ,please enlighten me ..

13. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Adopting dogs from shelters only helps temporarely cut down on the numbers. Responsible people's dogs don't go to shelters. Go after the bastards putting the unwanted dogs out there instead of glamorizing adopting an abandoned dog like its helping the problem.

14. jacko

jacko CH Dog

good point bgblok68 !

15. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

I watched the vid. Its nice that they can be taught. Does it take 19 months for all of them to learn these simple commands that a bulldog can learn in 19 weeks?

16. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

Believe it or i taught all that to my labrabull in a week :)

17. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

Ya but if you don't go to shelters at all then how are you helping? People are going to breed their dogs regardless of what you say there is nothing you can do about it! unless ofcourse a law is passed lol :)

18. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

Why I hang pit mix on them? why not? are pit bull's so terrible that i cannot call my dog a pit mix.. and it is ok if i call it a lab mix lol..

19. jacko

jacko CH Dog

if the cross was done for a purpose , yes fair enough, i asked what are the benefits of such a cross ? to improve the labrador or poodle, are they no good as they are ? pedegree working dogs have taken years to develop , so why throw a pitbull in the mix ? just to hang a name on it ? btw i am not bashing i have a fondness for most dog breeds but horses for courses so to speak , ps welcome to the forum,

20. Vinu Nair

Vinu Nair Pup

Thanks, i understand this forum is meant for working class aPBT and that's what evoke all the commotion but it sure did kept a discussion going more beneficial to the forum :)