1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

hi from germany

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BA08/15, Aug 3, 2009.

1. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

hallo everyone!

this is nina, 26yrs, from the sticks of north-rhine westphalia/germany.
    while i always liked dogs form an early age on, i got interested in pit bulls only about 9 years ago when there suddenly was bsl all around the country.

nevertheless, my first dog was a galgo espanol x podenco-mutt named diva. i had to put her to sleep due to kidney failure :(
    i'll be moving in november, so chances are i'll get a new friend on paws by the end of the year. it's definitely going to be a pit bull (from a shelter, legislation here doesn't allow buying from a breeder).

i hope to learn even more about the breed on here :)

following a pic of my diva and of my parent's dog, sassa (galgo espanol).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Hello BA08/15 and Welcome to Game-Dog. This community strives to maintain the preservation of the breed and to aid in the fight against BSL. Please read the Forum rules before posting.
    We are glad you joined and we hope you enjoy your stay with us.[​IMG]

chinasmom

3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Welcome the site

4. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

thanks for your welcome :)

5. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

looks like a whippet mixed with a argentinian dogo..very strange but beautifoul;)

6. InBearsMemory

InBearsMemory Big Dog

Herzlich willkommen bei GD!
    That's a beautiful looking dog you got there.

7. WNK

WNK Big Dog

Welcome here :D

8. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

:) welcome

9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Hi,welcome to the forum.Sounds like BSL is everywhere.

10. Franzi216

Franzi216 Top Dog

Hi Nina und herzlich willkommen;)

11. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

again thanks for your welcome :)

guten tag ;) @ franzi, blinka & robert. nice seeing you all here :)

maruccio, the galgo espanol is a very old breed. they are close with the british greyhound and probably come from the same ancestry. but i've been told the spanish hunters sometimes cross dogo argentinos with galgos or podencos for boar hunting.

gh32: yes, it's (almost) everywhere. there's no bsl in the federal states of thuringia and lower saxony so far, but as there have been some dog attacks during the past weeks, and in this year the election to the "bundestag" (government) takes place, so politicians call for harsher legislation. they even want leash and muzzles for all dogs larger than 40cm and/or heavier than 20 kilograms... i guess i better request permission for my guinea pigs before they get targeted by legislation, too. :rolleyes:

12. jampe69

jampe69 Pup

hi there. and welcome. greetings from finland. :D

13. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

Thank you jampe! I just love the color of your dog ^^

14. jampe69

jampe69 Pup

thanks. even its just amstaff i love that boy.we celeb just his first birthday 22.8 :cool:

15. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

awww, don't say "just" ;)
    are you sure it's an amstaff? this color is actually 'unwanted', according to the breed's standard.

16. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

welcome and enjoy

17. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

thankies :)

18. Hello Nice to meet you .

19. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

hi gas house :)
    (what's a hootchie cootchie?!)

20. Pitless2208

Pitless2208 Big Dog

Welcome aboard...nice looking dog you have there.