1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hey whats happenin people?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bandog Bret, Jul 14, 2007.

1. My name is Bret. Im from the Inland Empire in So Cal..Below is my Bandog Rowdy..Hes half French Mastiff and half APBT.....
    [​IMG]
    This is his daddy Nitro..Full APBT\
    [​IMG]

LuvinBullies likes this.
  2. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

same shit ... different pile man...

oh and f... you too... [​IMG]

3. Suki

Suki Guest

Welcome Bret and i hope you enjot your time here!

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Welcome. :)

5. Welcome to the Pit Bull Community.

6. Looking around Im kinda realizing that the common thought here is Big=Bad...My dogs are big...The smallest one is 105 lbs...My boy Rowdy is 125...

7. Heres another pic of big Nitro.
    [​IMG]
    Rowdy givin me the tongue
    [​IMG]

8. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

You would be correct sir. The tradition of the APBT is of small muscular dogs with high prey drive and an unwillingness to quit. Old time dogmen found the larger dogs not worthy of the pit due to losing stamina as the matches went on thus making them less desirable in the ring. Im not saying all big dogs suck, I've a few that were large in size, I however do prefer my dogs in the 45-55 lb range as do most people here.

Enjoy your time here and don't be shy most people here don't bite, some do but thats just due to the love of the breed.

9. Im not trying to fight my dog so why should I care if he is in "pit weight" or not?

10. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Your missing the point, you noticed that people on this forum are very down on large dogs, I was explanining to you why that is. I don't fight my dogs either however I do admire the breed and like most others here we prefer smaller APBT's because they tend to be more of the breed standard.

11. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

You dont have to fight your dog to have him on his pit weight, its the right weight for best performance on any sport. Anyway nice dog :) doesnt look fat but just big, maybe thanks to the french mastiff blood.

12. I bred some heavyweight dogs that made some great victories, but I understand the point of ColbyDogs... in truth there's many Colby dogs that are Midweight and Heaviweight winners too... it really doen't matters, a good dog is a good dog don't matters his size and weight... of course there's a probably about the relation size X weight that normally works... but it's not a rule...

The only thing that really makes me very upset is bulldog (pit bull) mixes... somepeople has been crossing them to everydog that cross in their way... I think they are just detroying many decades of hard work and dedication... It's only my oppinion, but I don't think we need this kind of thing.

Thanks.

13. Yea he isnt fat at all....Very lean and muscular...I know he isnt what people on here consider to be anything special, but I love the shit outta him...His daddy, Nitro, is a full APBT and he is the most dog agressive dog I have ever met....They have to be seperated at all times..It gets to be a hassle...

14. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Never gonna down a guy that loves his dog, hell I love the shit outta my dogs. And im not saying anthing bad about big dogs, 2 of my best dogs were both big boys. This is a game-dog forum which in return you got alot of folks here that are very passionate about the breed. There are alot of people cashing in on breeding larger dogs and for color and in return changing the breed standard.

I really am glad to hear you love your dogs, everyday I come home and my dogs are always there to greet me at the door , they brighten my day. I love spending time with my dogs sometimes more so than with my accual family. The dogs never hit me up for cash or bitch at me that I haven't finished painting the bathroom. Just un-conditional love , can't beat that.

15. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

His dog is a bandog people, not an APBT. That explains the weight issue so no need to jump on him. ;)

16. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I'm not bashing him, although he does have a 100% Male Pit and if i'm reading it correctly I'm guessing that dog is the one that weighs 105lbs . Am I reading it wrong ? LOL

I probably came off wrong, was trying to help him out. Didn't mean any harm.
    Sorry if that is how I came across.

17. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Aaaah- big is only bad IMO if you are trying to stick an APBT sticker on the end of his nose and sell him. If it's your pet, you love him and you do right by him it's not an issue at all. At least it shouldn't be. ;)

Welcome to the forum! :)

18. Wow, 105lb?! I haven't paid attention before... it's a lot of weight... I want to know the size of this dog... my heavier dog has 68lb, and he's lots of strong but absolutelly incomum in "working"... perhaps, he is a great recognized performer, but it's rare...:)

19. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

<<coughcoughbullshitcoughcough>>

Oh.

20. No, I was talking about my Bandogs....My APBT is only 85 lbs.