1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hey from Iowa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thereseiam, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hello All,

My name is Therese, and I am from a tiny little town in Eastern Iowa. Fortunately I live outside of the city limits, as I am totally surrounded by towns who have passed BSL forbidding the ownership of pitbulls. I have a friend who lives in a town about an hour from me who isn't allowed to have ANY breed with even the word 'bull' in the breed's name (including English bulldogs!). If that's not stupid, I don't know what is.

I have had English bulldogs for eight years now, and though I absolutely love the breed, I'm a hiker/camper/trail rider, and my English bullies simply can't be outdoor active dogs with their smooshy faces. The pits I've met have that same wonderful personality and disposition that I love about the English bulldogs, but are also plenty athletic enough to keep up with me and my hobbies. A nice side effect is also that I haul horses a lot by myself, and even though I want a super friendly dog, I do think that anyone wanting to cause trouble is probably going to pass up the truck with the pitbull hanging his head out the window.

I haven't gotten my pit yet, but I am actively looking, so would welcome any leads that anyone might have. I have to have a male, as I have a female aggressive Great Dane, who gets along great with males, but other than that, don't have any specific requirements as far as color or whatever. (Though I have to say the red noses with green eyes are way cool.) Any dog I get will be neutered, as I have no interest in breeding or showing, so he doesn't have to be a perfect example of the breed, so long as he has a perfect temperment--and yes, any dog of mine will be well socialized, obedience trained, and all of the usual things that any dog should have done with them.

I've been reading through the posts for a few days before introducing myself, and have to ask why so many people don't care for the blue pits? I'm definitely NOT trying to start anything, I just am very new to the breed, and am trying to learn all I can, so wondered why this is so.

I look forward to learning a lot from everyone, and can't wait to get a pit of my very own as well.

Therese

2. Nutty

Nutty Pup

welcome ! :)