1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Heres another thread to piss you off.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pimpgixxer04, Jun 27, 2005.

1. pimpgixxer04

pimpgixxer04 Big Dog

2. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

if any breed could exert 2,500 puonds of presure per square inch wouldnt they be able to crush your arm.

3. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

hahahahaha i told them there article was very poorly writen and some other words.

4. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

National Geographic and the Discovery channel had a good
    example/special on various animals and their bite pressures.

Pitbull pressure bite was 238 lbs.
    German Shepherd bite was 240 lbs.
    Rottweiler bite force was 328 lbs.
    Snaping Turtle bite force was 1004 lbs.

5. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Damn I am crossing my alligator snapper with my dogs!! He is a male so I can put him up for stud, any takers?..........LOL.

6. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Doesn't the Alligator bite at 2000lbs + ? lmao, a pit has a bite force of 2500 psi, huh? lmao

7. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I would sure want one with that kind of mouth...no matter what breed or bloodline were in and out...lol.

8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I read pits could meet 400psi at the top of the scale...and you never know what kind of bred pit they used for the test. Humans I believe range between 600-900 but we are talking PSI which is hard to understand sometimes when your useing different sizes of mouths. Weird huh?

9. D.R KING

D.R KING GET OFF MY LINE...

No man, humans are only around 290-310.....the more muscle around the jaw, the stronger the bite...

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

These people dont realize its not the strength of the bite-Its the willpower to keep a hold and not let go! You've got to love people pulling ''statistical numbers'' out of their backends to further their cause.

11. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

Do APBT's really have 1600 psi biting pressure and locking jaws?
    No, they do not have either. Dr. I Lehr Brisbin of the University of Georgia states, "To the best of our knowledge, there are no published scientific studies that would allow any meaningful comparision to be made of the biting power of various breeds of dogs. There are, moreover, compelling technical reasons why such data describing biting power in terms of 'pounds per square inch' can never be collected in a meaningful way. All figures describing biting power in such terms can be traced to either unfounded rumor or, in some cases, to newspaper articles with no foundation in factual data." Futhermore, Dr. Brisbin states, "The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of pit bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any breed of dog. There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of 'locking mechanism' unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier."