1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Verderben, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Ok NO ONE knew they were going to do this, until today in the newspaper. And they apparently aren't even going to pass it properly! they just decided we are doing it so now its law! I don't know what to do. I am going to write to the mayors office but I need everyone else to help me. No one around here has a clue because no one even knew they were doing this :( This is the city I live in. You almost never see loose pit bulls because everyone that has them knows if they get picked up you will never see them again since the dog warden hates them and destroys them upon arrival even though it's illegal. But you always see loose, labs, shepherds, huskys, mutts, hounds. Anyways here is the article oh and go down to the bottom and read the ignorant comment. Thanks guys!

http://cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=364232&r=0&Category=11&subCategoryID=0

2. Michele

Michele Guest

Unfortunately, because of irresponsible owners, the responsible ones have to pay too...which is totally unfair.

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Well, like my momma always told me (& still tells me) - "no one said life would be fair."

4. Roadman Jr.

Roadman Jr. Guest

DON'T YOU JUST GET SICK OF THESE POLITICIANS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE EASY WAY OUT,TO ONLY REALLY MESS UP THINGS IN THE LONG RUN.THEY CAN'T BANNED ANY ANIMAL ,YET EVERYDAY WE SEE THE MIS-USE OF POWER,IT'S WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT, NOT THEIR OPINIONS BINIG FORCED ON PEOPLE ,...IT'S A SAD STATE, IN WHAT THIS COUNTRY HAS COME TO.THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL PEOPLE,. THANKS

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2007
  5. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

I am sorry to see that.Sounds like something they woild do in this crap -hole I l live in.I cant read the link because my P.C. is being skrewy right now.Do you have Names and adresses of city officials we could write too?Your comment about the huskies,ladbs and such got me thinking about a letter I got from The A.D.B.A with a list of dogs that have beeen targeted by these B.S. laws recently.I do remember Huskies being on ther ,along with other "family" dogs such as great danes and german shepherds.All sorts of dogs including shar peis's,malamutes,malnois,rotties and dobies just to name a few.Maybe you could use info like this to get more people in the community to help fight all this nonsense.Once people realize that this just doesnt affect "pit bull" owners ,but ,could very well have an impact on any dog that isnt some yappy little P.O.S,More dog owners might be willing to help fight against this crap.I ,for one, would never have guessed great danes or huskies would be cinsidered "vicious".I think alot of people just dont understand the gravity of this mess ,that some idiot could just decide huskies are vicious because they look like wolves ,or great danes just becasue of their size.THis is something ALL dog owners need to be aware of ,Its pit bulls today ,but tomorrow ,who knows ?

6. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

here is the contact info. I never would have expected Karl (Butch) to be for something like this considering he owns a Rottie ( I groom his dog thats how I know what he owns)

Mayor Janet Weir Creighton jwc@ci.canton. oh.us

Cynthia Timberlake, Clerk cbtimberlake@ ci.canton. oh.us

Council President Allen Schulman aschulman@ci. canton.oh. us

AT LARGE COUNCIL MEMBERS
    Mary M. Cirelli mmcirelli@ci. canton.oh. us

Donald E. Casar decasar@ci.canton. oh.us

Bill Smuckler wjsmuckler@ci. canton.oh. us

WARD COUNCIL MEMBERS
    Ward One Greg Hawk gfhawk@ci.canton. oh.us
    Ward Two Thomas E. West tewest@ci.canton. oh.us
    Ward Three James E. Griffin jegriffin@ci. canton.oh. us
    Ward Four Kelly Zachary kazachary@ci. canton.oh. us