1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Miss Conduct, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Had an accidental breed this morning :mad: Heard some ruckus and wierd noises outside, so i get out there and my hemphill/wilder male has slipped his collar and hooked with one of my females (the one in my sig)..... Normally this female would have tried to make him a snack, but since she's in heat she was willing.....

They are good dogs, but this isnt a breeding that i would ever do. I have called all the vets around me, and none of them will do mismate shots, they want me to bring her in and spay her :rolleyes:

Anyone in UT know of any vet that will do this, or anything else i can give her "over the counter"??

I am pissed!!!!

2. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

ahhh don't spay her and i wouldn't abort the pups.if both dogs are good i don't see the harm in letting them be.hell you might just be surprised and get something you like if the breeding even took.to me aborting pups is like aborting children no good comes of it.

3. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I did think about the posibilities.... but still i do NOT want pups right now - bad timing.

IF i was going to breed this bitch i wanted to bred her right and tight. This male is a very scatter bred hemphill/wilder male, though he is a good dog and i know the pedigree doesnt make the dog, he was one i never wanted to breed.

4. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

i still don't belive in killing pups just for your convience and because you made a mistake.like i said no good will come of it and you will see what i mean if you do this to your female.like i said you just might be surprised with the litter.thats all i have to say on this subject.

5. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I know what you mean, but they arent even "pups" yet. Its some sperm and some eggs - thats why im tryin' to nip it in the ass right now. I wouldnt "abort" partial term pups.

6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

see we can go all day on this.but the life begins at the moment of conception if the breeding took.just as with humans they are alive once the 2 meet up.

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Check your pm's. ;)

Honestly, other than a spay/abort which I know you don't want to do, I would'nt advise anything other than start looking for homes & saving up for a whole buncha spays & neuters. The ECP's were taken off the market & besides using overdoses of other drugs to cause abortion of the pups, you're out of luck. And all of the drugs in question carry an extremely high rate of inducing pyometra in which case your dog would be forced to undergo an emergency ovariohysterectomy (aka spay) anyways.

8. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

see it took you to get the fancy words across,lol.this is what i meant honey by no good will come of it.it always does more harm than good.

9. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

can u post a ped of the male and female, i'd like to get an idea of exactly how scattered the male is and how his ped looks next to the females, if u don't mind

10. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

11. MoPulldogs

MoPulldogs Big Dog

Mismate shots themselves have risks they can lead to pyrometria (sp/) and aren't that effective. Yeah, pups are a hassle but you might just be suprised out how they turn out.

12. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

i like ur female, hey look at it like this if she does end up having pups, ill take one off ur hands, keep that in mind

13. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

Hey, same here!!

14. dog-man

dog-man Big Dog

I know this is just more bad news, but even if you do find a way to abort that litter , your female dog will still go thru all the symptoms of being pregnant, including producing milk , you will have to find a way to extract all that milk daily (thats fun lol) and ofcourse discharges :eek:.

If you are sure you dont want to breed that male, neuter him and next time any of your females in heat , crate her its more secure when dogs are in heat.

15. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Usually, a spay & abort would be my answer. That seems to be out of the question here.

It is hard to line up homes for a pureposeful breeding, and accidentals are nearly impossible. I know people who will cull an accidental litter if it is not something they were willing to feed, but that is more reserved for mixes and truly subpar animals.

Unfortunately, I have no better advice other than to begin looking for homes if you do wish to keep the litter. If both dogs are registered and physically sound, I do have a friend who is looking for a first-time show dog.

16. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Yep, I dont believe in the fetus stuff. "I knew you BEFORE you were in your mother's wound, and the plans I have for you." So I believe life begins before conception actually. If they did take, I wish you well with them.

17. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Hell I put a deposit on a breeding before they were even stuck so.. I mean.. yea life is important as soon as they hit lol

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Miss Conduct - IMO everything happens for a reason. Let those little critters come up & place them in good hands. Might turn out ot be the best breeding you never made! ;)

19. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Don't put the bitch through undo stress of an abortion, and possibly ruin her for the future. Wait it out, if she is in fact pregnant, cull the pups after they are born if you do not wish to do the breeding, and don't want to let any go.

debodebo likes this.
  20. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

they will pull about 80% of the females side any ways.. a while back i had a similar problem..i found homes for all the pups friends no money..other than mine spent...i had three people beg me to do this breeding again...wait and see ..trust me..you will be surprized...i think god stepped into this one..