1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

help with cropping my pit's ear's.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by garcia's tessa, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Know I know that alot of people are against cropping a pit bull's ears, but I am going to have my dog's done. I have heard people doing it themselves, and I want to get more info before attempting. Help me out, and If you are going to give me the "dont do it" speil, dont post.

2. yea, i'm going to give you the 'don't do it' schpeil, because if you do it wrong, you can cause a lot of trauma. i actually like the cropped look, but have someone acknowledgable perform the procedure. it's not just a cut and tape kind of thing, there's a lot of things to be taken into perspective before going to work on your dog. I have never cropped a dog, because i would rather fork the hundred bucks (or less) and just be sure it's going to be alright, than try to do it myself and have to fix a blunder. i know it seems cost effective and efficient to do it yourself, but i would rather have an uncropped pit than try to do it myself and risk serious injury to the dog.

3. hundred bucks or less??? Try $279!

4. it sucks that you're not from the stl, mo area then, because it's cheap here

5. iwallace

iwallace Pup

you say you like the look.............

and say if you do it wrong, you only have 1 chance per ear..
    if you ask on here (this site) some one with experience and know how might help you out, if you are willing to travel to them.OR EVEN A VET THAT IS NEAR YOU.. and cheap

good luck ...and exspect quite a few shitty replies

ian

6. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

what is wrong with his ears now as is ? did you ask him what he wanted ? what did he tell you ? hey person thay i have no control over getting me please start chopping on my ears.i dont think so. well if you start cutting on your dog i hope he bites your hand off,,,or better yet your ears

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2004
  7. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

OK? you have never done this before? still want to try it? That pup has no idea what his master is dreaming of-
    Man, it ain't that easy, you must buy meds, have a sterile enviroment and most of all know what the hell you are doing-

good thing you don't have the equipment already

I SUGGEST YOU TRY IT ON YOUR EAR FIRST AND POST THE OUTCOME
    JUST LET A PRO DO IT!

8. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

I agree with that

9. CRG

CRG Top Dog

not against it just prefer natural ears. it is a very bloody procedure that needs to be done by a vet or somebody that is experianced an knows what they are doing. we had a lady in or area that was saying she knew how to crop ears an was arrested for animal cruelty because of the number of dogs that DIED or permantley screwed up from her thinking she knew what she was doing.leave it to the professionals. how old is the dog?

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

beware....it most states it is ILLEGAL to crop your own dogs ears. it is even a felony in some as it is considered practicing a medical profession w/out a license

11. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

LET SOMEONE KNOWLEDGABLE DO IT FOR YOU : A VET OR EQUIVALENT.

12. AC

AC Big Dog

LOL I'm sorry but I think if you can't afford to crop your dogs ears by a liscensed veterinarian then you shouldn't do it then. Quit being a cheapskate and get them properly taken care of. Shame on you for even thinking anyone on here would give you instructions on cropping your own dogs ears. :mad:

13. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

I like to rely on a little something we refer to as common sense. Now this common sense thing, if you use it, will or should tell you that if you are not a vet or the equivalent, then you should not do the procedure. If you decicded that you friend should get some breast implants, would you do that yourself, to save some money? How bout some cardiac or brain surgery, you'd save a ton of money doing that yourself. I bet you'd leave that up to a doctor, right? Well, use this common sense that I mentioned, and leave the ear cropping to a vet.

14. apbtadba and kimbel2392 much be a bunch of illiterate retards becuase my original posts says not to give the whole "dont do it" run around. Also my original post says I was going to have it done, not that I was going to do it, But that I wanted info because I have heard it being done by some owners and they have said it is pretty simple. So how about you teo learn to read before clicking the reply button? Thanks to everyone else who posted and gave good info.

-havik

15. AC

AC Big Dog

If you weren't planning on doing it yourself then why would you be concerned about how simple it was to do it yourself? And you stated earlier it was too expensive to get them done at a vet. So it's too late to eat your words now.

16. circlekpits

circlekpits Guest

I would have to agree with Alligator on this one for sure. At one time I thought about learning the procedure, but after finding out everything involved I would definitely advise having the experts do it. i would noit even consider doing this operation on my own.... There is just to much involved even if you could the pain meds for it.

17. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

First of all check the underlined words above whos illiterate ? second of all your a lier you did say you was going to do it your self. And third of all and most important to your health,I have two nieces who are mentaly handycaped so you better watch your mouth
    <!-- / message -->

18. CRG

CRG Top Dog

it would be best to get a vet to do it.

19. Chopper

Chopper Big Dog

Yea, I dont get why some one would want to do that to there on dog. If he is stupid enough to do it then so be it, I will give you some advice though, You better bring a army because that dog will try to kill you even if it is just a puppy. Also why do you want your dogs ears clipped so much that you would do it yourself, do you fight it or something?

20. CRG

CRG Top Dog

what are you talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.