1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help with 2yr old pitbull toy drive

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by hukie90, May 12, 2013.

1. hukie90

hukie90 Pup

Hey all, I'm trying to get my 2yr old pitbull into toys more, she has prey drive and will sometimes show interest in balls in the backyard. I want to get her on the flirt pole and spring pole, she has used the flirt pole a few times in the backyard but not outside. She also chases balls and then picks up n drops before coming bck lol, she has shown improvement but I wanna get her going good. Anyone got tips to help her play fetch, get on flirt pole outside and get on spring pole. When she sees rabbits she also goes nuts on a leash, am I able to let her go for them or not good to let her taste blood? I don't want her for hunting or anything, just work her and keep her fit.

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Try hides, doesn't really matter what kind but most dogs I seen light right up when they see one on the end of a spring pole or flirt pole. Fetch has always been touch n go with my dogs, they want to fetch it but they aint bringing it back and your going to have to chase them to get it back...lol

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

WALK TO HIM AND TAKE THE BALL OFF HIM AND HE WILL SOON LEARN TO BRING IT BACK(YA-HOPE)...PS:THAT'S AN OLD WIFE'S TALE A-BOUT YOUR DOG GETTING A TASTE FOR BLOOD..A-LOT OF DOG'S WILL HAVE NATURAL PREY DRIVE,BE IT A POODLE OR A PIT-BULL..IF YOU KEEP TELLING IT NO,TO WHAT IT IS DOING WRONG OR WHAT YA THINK IT IS DOING WRONG,IT WILL SOON LEARN...WHAT IT IS ALLOWED TO DO.....BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR DOG...WHAT'S THE SAYING YA CAN'T TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICK'S.......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...................

4. hukie90

hukie90 Pup

I'll get a hide, do I have to get one from Stillwater kennels? Would I get one from a butcher or something locally? So working the dog like this doesn't change it's temperament and stuff? Cheers for help

5. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

As his age, i would not worry a-bout him changeing any-way dramaticily,if ya cant get a hide a old leather coat..etc/