1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help Us Run Ads to Stop HSUS! UPDATE?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rocky H. Balboa, Mar 25, 2009.

1. For some reason my posts are automatically removed from the original thread. Do the admins know this?

Anyway, since I am not one to give up easily, here we find a new thread about the same topic. For those not familiar with the subject matter, please refer to the link below.

http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=318500#post318500

Now to my intended Post (which had to be re-written and has lost its original sentiment):

StopBSL, what is the status on this?

I also would like to take this opportunity to suggest we take a bit different road to our ultimate goal. Rather than focusing on toppling the Monster that is H$U$, why not focus on short-term goals such as changing specific laws?

One that is always on my mind is the method used in "shelter" type organizations. As far as I know, they all expect dogs to be both human and animal friendly. In addition, any dog that does show aggression toward another animal is deemed potentially dangerous to humans and is always killed. This portion of the temperament test MUST be changed if our dogs are to get a better chance of living and being adopted out.

We must review and challenge any law or statute that unfairly requires the standard of our breed to change.

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

??? i can see every single post of yours, on all 5 pgaes, including the same 3 posts back to back from this afternoon at the end of page 5

3. The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don Big Dog

I can't speak for anywhere but Shenandoah County, VA...but that is NOT the case at the local animal shelter.

They currently have a DA pit bull available for adoption...

4. Rallyracer, believe me when I tell you. I did not see my posts "stay". I now see my original post but was not the case a few minutes ago. Could it be that the posts must be approved prior to showing?:confused:

Believe me, no Rum and diet Coke here......lmao

5. Very happy to hear that TTD!

Unfortunately, all the "Animal Cops" episodes I have watched include a temperament test that includes confrontation with another.

6. The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don Big Dog

Yeah...I know it's not terribly common...

OT: There is SOMETHING up with the other thread...I replied to that one, as well, and my post still hasn't shown up :confused:

7. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

There is a prob with permissions since they shut down news about 4 weeks ago. They have to be approved by a mod. Some posts go through, but most do not. Admin knows and is trying to fix it.

8. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Working in rescue and looking at a lot of shelter dogs, this is an issue I deal with all of the time. While many have the attitude you spoke of that a DA dog is a dangerous dog, the other side of the coin is to consider how many dumbasses show up and adopt dogs from shelters/humane societies and do you really want an idiot with a DA dog? As we know, the general public is ignorant and/or stupid re: bulldogs and it is the general public that adopts from those places. For that reason, I am relieved to an extent that they don't adopt them out - they just don't have the staff and in most cases enough knowledge themselves to do so.
    We are a little more lenient as to dogs we take in to rescue because we are very careful who adopts them and we do a lot of screening. Even so, it is very hard to place an even moderately DA dog - may take 6 months or more - whereas we could maybe place several non DA dogs in that time. It is very hard for me to decline taking in a great dog that is just DA because I love the breed for what it is and don't what to see perfectly good specimens die off for that reason, but the reality is that most people can't handle it - there just aren't enough "qualified" owners out there.

9. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Are you saying instead of euthing a DA dog just dont adopt that dog out to people who have other dogs in their household...Makes sense to me...the only thing is how would one go about getting that done...A member of my church is the head of the local shelter in my part of MD..I'll talk to her and let you guys know what she says

10. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Hey,

Here is our status. . . we have raised . . . 763$ to date on this. So, we are VERY close to the goal.

I have a fundraiser this weekend where we hopefully will raise some more. So, that is good.

I have information that there is a lawsuit in the works against the HSUS for their actions in Arizona. . . being filed by a hogdog person who was wrongly attacked and who won much like our friends won. They are in contact with each other I believe.

I see where you are going with this Rocky, but I really think that in order to make an progress we need to stop our #1 fallback which is the HSUS. Anything we propose which is pro pitbull or whatnot will be shut down by them as long as they have money coming in and people don't call for answers on what they are doing.

There is a lot of information on the net right now about the HSUS calling for a change but this is a minority action and getting the word out to everyday people who Eat meat, Own pets and currently support the HSUS is very important to stop the flow of support they have. They net millions of dollars every year in donations and spend millions to get donations. Meanwhile, they do very little to actually help the plight of animals in this country and that is a fact that I think America needs to hear.

Basically, we think that we need to launch a comprehensive "who is the hsus" website complete with handy videos that are informative and interesting. That way everyone can learn even if they don't want to read through everything. This site will be advertised all over our ads. On this site there will be "donate to help spread the word" buttons all over.

So, if we successfully launch an ad campaign and get people to CARE and contribute we can continue to launch campaigns across the country until maybe we can generate enough interest to get these nutjobs SHUT DOWN.

11. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i think another couse of action would be to not so quickly defend those who get busted...just look a the last 3 cases for example-all parties admitted guilt. i saw let the cards fall and the dust atleast settle before rushing to defend these people. just some food for thought

12. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Last 3 cases?

I did not "defend" the last 3 cases.

I posted info about TNT that I was asked to but stated numerous times that I don't know her.

I defended Rudy yes. So, that's 1.

We had not involvement with Wildside Kennels. . . so what other cases?

13. The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don Big Dog

As a bit of an outside observer, this is an EXCELLENT point...

I think the breed would be better served if people spent more time defending the dogs and less time defending people who eventually end up admitting guilt.

Defending the guilty does nothing for one's credibility.

14. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

I agree with that Teflon, but again . . . I don't believe I defended anyone who was guilty.

I know Rudy is a mute point but he is an innocent man who was harassed and threatened into a corner. I am not sure anyone else in his situation would have done different. The Patricks and Floyd were both acquitted but many people did not give a rats ass about them until they were.

I think that it's hard to win these cases because of how dirty the cops and the HSUS both are. We have pages of evidence tampering and lying involving these cases and the HSUS. We know they break the law in order to persecute innocent bulldog owners. So, why let them get away with it?

If you don't think that anyone should be considered INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY I guess I am glad you didn't write our Consititution then huh?

I just think that people need to know that you are rooting for them when they are in these situations. And, if you have evidence that proves that, for example, John Goodwin shouldn't be allowed to sully the courtroom with his presence then you should share it with the accused so the judge doesn't get confused by his bullsh*t.

15. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

if i dont know someone im sure as hell not going to bat for them. first line, first post...
    http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30653

im talking EVERYONE in general-not just you. but lets look at what has happened recently...
    verdin-plead guilty
    al white- plead guilty
    ed faron-plead guilty
    turpin- has yet to go to trial ,but insists on telling everyone...
    "if any body has doubts about my dogs the can email me, and Timex is 2xw otc.......everybody knows in the GA,TN,KY,TX,IN. circuit that my dogs have always and will always b real...100% pit.....and 100% GAME... "
    ( not to smart)

what im saying is that we all ~hope~ that these people are innocent-yet before all the evidinece is in we stick up and yell real loud about how they were wronged. its time we step back and let things come to light before casting judgement- guilty or not.
    you can only cry wolf so many times before the townspeople stop coming to help

16. The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don Big Dog

Well...first and foremost, I didn't realize RR was speaking directly to you...my comment was nothing more than an observation of GD.com in general. I have seen numerous examples of the guilty being defended here...and that is simply counterproductive.

Nothing to argue with there...

This is where you get me, as I hold The Constitution of The United States in very high regard. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty...I just recognize that it is not MY job to defend them (that's what lawyers are for) and that defending guilty people is about as counterproductive as it gets.

Defend those you believe are truly innocent of the crimes they are charged with...but remember...you must pick your battles.

Defending the truly guilty will only do more harm than good.

Root all you want...but if you want any credibility when it comes to people outside of the GD community...just make damn sure your on the RIGHT side of debate.

17. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I can tell that some of you have never been in trouble with the law.In my PERSONAL experience innocent parties admit guilt to recieve a lesser sentence. Taking a case to trial means the state has to spend more $$$ and will fight for the Maximum penalty. So just because you plead guilty doesnt mean you are guilty. Some of you are sick.
    And nothing against you RR personally,But their is a better chance of knowing some one is guilty after a jury trial. Just cause they plea guilty doesnt mean Sugar Honey Ice Tea

18. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Rally,

I posted that for someone else.

I did not write that. Either way. . .

verdin- We know. . .
    al white- Contacted on request of someone else but eventually did not help in case.
    ed faron- Never touched.
    turpin- Posted for someone else. Sorry if I did what I was asked by someone I like.

This isn't about that though. The HSUS campaign is only in part about malicious prosecution. We have evidence of tampering and other illegal things they have done in order to get convictions in the dogs. But, first and foremost, they are trying to wipe out animal use along with PETA and getting dog lovers help to do it. This is what I am trying to stop.

If you don't want to support it. . okay. No problem.

But, everyone has their own opinions.

19. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

That is exactly what I have done. And, thanks.

20. The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don Big Dog

While true...that doesn't change much.

In the eyes of the public GUILTY = GUILTY

They don't really care WHY someone plead guilty, but they assume it is due to GUILT. (fairly logical assumption)