1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

help? tick on dog

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by CRG, Jun 5, 2004.

1. CRG

CRG Top Dog

found tick on dog by base of ear tick looks embedded pretty good. whats best way to remove insuring i get the head out to. any advice greatly appreciated.thanks

2. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

If the tick is still small, heat a pair of tweezers with a lighter. Reach in an surround the body of the tick with the tweezers just barely applying pressure. The heated tweezers will cause the tick to back out on it's own.

Good luck!

3. BDK

BDK oo7

the best thing to do is use biospot so your dogs never get ticks or fleas on them to begin with .now that you know that part lol use a q-tip dipped in green rubbing alcohol and rub on the tick he will release himself then use cold tweezers you dont wanna burn your dogs ear do you and gently pull the tick off and destroy him

4. CRG

CRG Top Dog

got it off thanks

5. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Why would I burn my dogs ear? Did I say to touch the ear with heated tweezers.....no i didn't. I don't have any trouble controlling my dogs when I'm working on them....maybe that's why my method works!

6. CRG

CRG Top Dog

jman used your method worked fine for me. thanks