1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help she's Bleeding!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Octavio_.N.J., Mar 22, 2009.

1. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Well my bitch is bleeding now here is my questions if anyone could help:(.
    1.how long will she bleed?

2.Is it ok that I keep walking her for conditioning i think not because the male dogs smell her but ill listen to everybody that went threw this thanx everyone..:confused:

2. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

she'll bleed for about 6-8 days.

Yeah when she pisses male dogs will flock, keep her inside and up but she can still work out.

3. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Thanx Bobby yea its hard :confused: damn dogs lmao :D thanx again..

4. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

A good rule of thumb...7 days start, 7 days in and 7 days out.

5. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

If you are not ready to breed her I would use chlorophyll. I have had many years of my males going nuts when my bitches go into heat. Now that I use Chlorophyll My dogs don't even care if my bitches are in full blown heat. That way you don't have to stop working her;) This article says to use liquid chlorophyll but I find that messy and it stains everything. I use it in 100mg pill form it's easier and not messy.

Chlorophyll

I want to make breeders aware of a product that is helpful when your girls are in season. Liquid Chlorophyll - 100mg which is found in a health food store is extremely helpful in masking season and urine odors. When the girls are in season I use 1 tablespoon A.M. and P.M. feedings (poured on the girls food) and this helps to mask the odor. I have found my males will usually continue to eat even when caged in the same room when a bitch in season as long as the girls are on chlorophyll from the first day of their season. You can use it in powdered form, pills or capsules and dose according to the bottle, for adult humans. Often this is used for colostomy patients, so if you have a hard time locating it ask the pharmacist or a store that carries medical supplies. You can purchase it on the internet and Nutrition Express will ship overseas.

I am not saying the dog forgets she is in season, he is just not as crazy about breeding because the chlorophyll has helped mask/absorb the odor. Do not, I repeat, do not trust putting the animals together or you may end up with an unwanted litter and, of course, don't use chlorophyll if you are intending to breed your bitch as some males will refuse to breed. It may interfere with the male's interest in your girl! I have found the liquid works a little better than the capsules, just use one or the other when the girls are in season.

Also note: their stools will be Kelly green in color when they are on chlorophyll so don't panic and think something is wrong.

6. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Thanx perform.. no i will not be breeding her shes only a year old and still have not pull or did a confor show "maybe in the future" but not yet yea my male is nuts for her so i have him in a chain :( but thanx for your help.ill look in to it

7. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Yup you will never be without Chlorophyll once you use it, I promise! Of course you cannot let they near each other when she is in heat but he won't know bitch about it. Enjoy your silence;)

8. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

silence in deed thanx again perform..:D

9. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

Wow the females youve seen have only bleed 6 to 8 days ? i wish i had females that where in heat for that short of time . Most females arent ready to be bred till the 12 day and on. At least thats been my experience with it

10. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

DUDE crate & rotate.... at home and just be careful around where you walk her. The heat cycle as far as i know and have heard is longer than 8 days for sure... I read in a bunch of places that the female can still get pregnant even close to 17+ days from spotting. they are the most receptive at around the 8-13 day mark... you might not see blood but if she is still swollen she can & will at times let a male lock on... so be careful...

11. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Yeah, most of the females I have had didn't bleed all that long, but your right about taking a while when ready to breed..... Just cuz she's not dripping blood or has stopped rather doesn't mean she's ready to take....

When I think she might be ready I'll tickle the back of her leg and area around her twat, if she's hott and ready she'll move towards my hand, put her tail to the side and pooch up her twat... Then you know it's time to breed....

On average I get 7 to 12 pups off just one tie... I don't like to breed em' but more than once.

12. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

I love your description of when she is ready!:D lol
    The proper term is flagging. What I do is check the bitch every day by tapping her on back legs really close to her vulva. If she lifts her tail and moves her butt towards where you tapped her, she is ready to breed. That's when she is flagging. Just a FYI when you do decide to breed her

13. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

This definitely deserves a sticky! :cool:

14. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Here's a sidenote,

Chllorophyl is the active ingredient in Greenies, the cavity fighting/breath freshening chews. I wonder if feeding these would produce the same effect?

15. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

It might not work as well because its not as concentrated in the chews. It might help never know?

16. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

hmmm, never knew that. i know chlorophyl is part of photosynthesis in plant life. have never heard of it used by humans/animals. just goes to show you learn something new everyday

17. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

In the chews it is from plants because it's natural and apparently works to freshen the breath and clean the teeth.

As far as concentration goes I am not sure how much it is. But, I mean- it'd be a two for one. Clean teeth and peace and quite lol.

18. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

You would have to feed too much to get the same effect. It comes in pills that are 90 count for $10. It's just worth buy it in a pill form.
    Besides Greenies (I feel) are very dangerous for dogs especially APBT's. I have had so many clients that have had to have them removed form the dog's stomach and some have died. I just stick with nylabones and Kongs.
    JMO

19. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

*sigh* Thank you so much performanceknls for explaining flagging. I about frigging gagged when I read the "twat" post. :rolleyes:

As for what she does with her vulva Bobby, that is called "tipping."

Anyway, to test my females, I simply scratch the very base of her tail. She will still flag if she's ready & it is more sanitary for both you & her.

20. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Thanx guys i sure learned alot from bobby's twat thing:D
    to performance Chlorophyll
    to colbys 7 days start, 7 days in and 7 days out thanx all again..