1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed for dog kennel!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Fcanto, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Fcanto

Fcanto Pup

Hey guys ,I've got some space in my yard and I want to build a suitable kennel. I'm looking for possible plans I could use. Can you guys post your kennels/runs so I can get some ideas, Pics are greatly appreciated :cool:

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Actually that kennel topic on Boogies kennels is how NOT to do a kennel set up LMAO

4. treezpitz

Trying to give the dude a head start without constantly having to repeat to use the search feature. Feel free to post your kennels pics saiy lol

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

DO NOT USE THE CHEAP 200$ WRAP AROUND CHAINLINK KENNEL! I woke up yesterday to my pup running the yard....folks warned me, I didnt listen....easily could have been a bad day....

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

The same kennel I posted in boogies thread......if u must use it...bulldog proof it! But with what that cost.... just buy a magnum kennel, ittle hold a lion if need be....

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

building a kennel is easy enough..u have to figure out how much cash u have for materials to determine your size..Keep in mind u will have to use hog pannels or something close to that.

8. Bmf_bt

Bmf_bt Big Dog

Don't wanna be a dick rider or anything but look up how Tom Garner did his, he's got a video up and everything. Best way to build a kennel in my opinion and reasonable inexpensive 2.

9. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Here's a decent example of some of the elevated ones. They aren't cheap to make, but they've held up. The pic is pretty old. They still look fine and work fine. The boxes behind are for pups starting on solid foods to be able to eat away from mama. I like the set up, myself. Don't know if it's a feasible idea for your use, but if so, it might help you in your design ideas.

Electricity runs to them and from them. Just an add on idea.

[​IMG]

10. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Big Dog

Great lookin keeps, TDK. Finest ive ever seen for sure. Thats a fine lookin shit scoop too. Fits like a glove HAHAHAHA.

11. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Now that's a nice kennel boy!! And I second what lwg said... A 4month pup can eat thru one of those cheap kennels, a grown one will mangle it. I don't like kennels except for pups and whelping bitches anyway but even for that the ones above look stellar

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Hey TDK what's a roundabout estimate on materials

13. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Those were made twenty years ago. I think it amounted to about 5 to 6 hundred each back then. It's treated, has elec to and from, lifetime roofing and paint. Tongue and groove flooring. Also treated.
    And TY btw for the nice comment.

14. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

When you consider how long they've lasted, that's not too bad of an outlay of monies. And they just might last another twenty. LOL

15. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Heck yea that's not bad I need to invest in two or three of those myself. That's real cost effective if they last that long, no telling how many BS chain links I've bought over the years

16. treezpitz

TDK, I remember seeing those before. They must have been on here if you've posted them before. Those are very nice above ground kennels man!! Running electricity is the icing on the cake! Those are model A.G. kennels IMO!!

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

For sure very nice setup TDK !

18. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

Here's my set up. I used two 5 x 10 kennels from tractor supply (8 gauge). I made one 10 x 10 kennel out of both kennels, which is separated in the middle. I built a concrete slab and used metal corrugated roofing for the roof.

Attached Files:

19. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

TY Treez and Bama

20. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

LMAO...I have that exact same shit scoop