1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Michele, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

Michelle, first of all, I would like to kindly welcome you to the board, but I'm afraid I can't. So for now, I will just be polite and say welcome with a tight lipped smile. I hope for your sake you will do a lot of searching out and reading on this board. In the mean time, let me explain a little about myself and my feelings:

I am all for taking down someone who is blatantly abusing their animals, and by this I mean absolute cruelty (starvation, beatings, torture, mutilation, etc.). I currently have 6 American Pit Bull Terriers. Two are in 10x10 ft kennels, one is kept on a chain, two pups stay in the house and the sixth lives with my sister and is a house dog. My dogs are not treated like my children, they are working animals and as working animals, they are treated (somewhat) like livestock. If they don't work, I don't eat or get paid. Any dog that does not work is given to someone else on a spay/neuter contract. We have one dog that will never work, but she is my husband's companion only. She will never be bred and will probably be a pet until the day she dies (of natural causes).
    All of my dogs are expected to be civil and obedient members of society. If they cannot function properly around people, we will euth them. I would rather put a bullet in their head instead of having a vet pump them full of poison. And yes, I have done this before. In my state, it is not illegal to shoot your dog if he is a threat to someone. If my dogs cannot work around livestock (cows, horses, hogs) without trying to kill them, they will be given away as spayed/nuetered pets. There is nothing wrong with cleaning up your messes, as opposed to passing them off on someone else.

Now, a warning for you....If you are here just to find someone who is such a horrible member of society that is torturing their dogs by hunting, chaining, working, or anyother way that you may see as abuse, you should just move on. I would bet that 99% of our members are upstanding members of society who love their pets dearly. We just see them as dogs instead of human children. We have members who are active in rescue, figting BSL, and some who even have Certified Therapy Dogs (yes, they are APBTs). We can learn a lot from each other, but you have to change your motive for being here. If you are here to hunt down an animal hater, you may as well just keep going.....We are not gonna hand someone over to you to be a scapegoat for your AR twisted theories.....

debodebo and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Attila

Attila Guest

OOOhh good one I like that one. Red meat. Your talking love there sister. lol So is it acceptable in social settings for a liberal and a conservative to set at the same table eating steak? Could you imagine the gossip that would start. lol

3. Michele

Michele Guest

Hey. I've seen you on another forum too. I totally understand what you are saying.

4. Michele

Michele Guest

thank you for that post. I totally understand breeding to preserve the breed. As far as the duct tape, wont' dog's just breed without it? Or it is a normal thing that has to be done?

5. Michele

Michele Guest

the chaining issue. I have no problem with that as long as the dog is being loved, fed and cared for. Some animals love being outside and don't want to come indoors at all. My personally, it's not for me. I have a small dog, a chihuahua (ok, everybody stop laughing..hehe).. Anyways, I got him after the terror attack on September 11. that's when I started educating myself about animal abuse and puppymills, stuff like that. If I had a bigger place, I would get a pit myself, but I cant do it right now....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2006
  6. Attila

Attila Guest

I don't know anything about using duct tape but there are times that you must muzzle a bitch or even use a breed stand. There are many breeds that have these issues. Even with Hound dogs. Nothing new. I don't think I would use duct tape as a muzzle is cheap enough to buy if needed. Breeding dogs isn't for amatures or the faint of heart.

Heck think about those cats. When they breed it is the most awful thing you could ever see. They bite, claw make all kinds of sick noises. Well many animals get rough. Dogs are one of them that sometimes do get rough. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you..

7. Michele

Michele Guest

I am not here to change anyone. I would like to educate myself and understand about this breed. I love the breed and think they are one of the most loyal breeds alive today. And I already know that everyone here knows not feeding their dog is abuse. I got asked questions, and I'm answering them. does my post answer your questions?

8. Michele

Michele Guest

that's the kind of abuse that i despise. Good for you that you got your dog back. I hope they tied that guy to a damn tree....

9. Michele

Michele Guest

well, you must be smelling someone else, because I despise PETA....

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

ENOUGH!:mad:

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Simms and Highvoltage, thats the system the site has implemented to make sure we can keep the reputation system as fair as possible, and inhibit unneccesary attacks. To give reputation to those you feel truely deserve it again, you must first "spread some love" and give reputation to others first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.