1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hello from Germany

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mjaseth, Nov 25, 2009.

1. mjaseth

mjaseth Pup

hi i am living in germany and i want to bring my pitbull from america cause hes TEMPORAILY living with my sister who is causing me so drama and I really dont want to go back to the states.. if i can find another european country that i can drive to and bring him over i will take the chance i need him here bad he is the sweetest dog ever! so i was wondering what other european countrys allow them to be imported from america! please help me in any way u can!! please

2. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

Any way you could go to USA and get the dog and fly him back with you?

I think it's cheaper, and I believe the paperwork is easier than shipping them cargo. I also think the dog is safer as you are with him and can keep track of him. Always try for direct, non-stop flight whatever you do, if at all possible -- whether you fly with or ship cargo. Even if you have to drive a ways to another airport on either end, get the non-stop...

I am not sure about Switzerland, but the paperwork can be a royal pain and I recommend giving yourself lots of time.I wouldn't even think about flying plans until the paperwork is complete. Maybe use one of those pet shippers.....

Dreamer

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009
  4. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

If you can not do what dreamer suggests, Greece is always an option, no BSL here. You can also try ex eastern block members of EU. If you choose to go with Greece try to fly with Olympic Airways, they have their own cargo buildings and control might be less firm. I had my dog send to me from UK, without pet passport and had no problems.

5. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Welcome.

Hope you enjoy it here.

6. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

Poland and Austria have no BSL, and they are nearly to Germany.

7. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

Hi, in Holland we don't have BSL anymore..:)

8. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

I've read they don't look at the race now, but they control if a dog shows aggressive signs. I don't know who and how test it, but you can still loose your dog in the Netherlands.

9. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Hello mjaseth and Welcome. We are glad you joined this community.
    Here we strive to maintain the preservation of the breed and to aid in the fight against BSL. We hope you will read the Forum rules before posting.
    There is a ton of knowledge on this site so please use the search feature and look at what we have to offer. If you have a question, please ask.
    Again, we welcome you to Game-Dog and we hope you enjoy your stay with us. [​IMG]

chinasmom

10. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

erm... that is not correct. they do have bsl in some areas and everybody who wants to get a dog bigger than a yorkie has to pass some sort of test before (like a driving license) to be allowed to buy a dog. at least as far as i'm informed.

hello mjseth and welcome!
    i'm afraid but you cannot import your dog to germany whether (sp?) you bring him over form the usa or from an european country. would be best if you could find some place to live in belgium, the netherlands, poland, czech republic or austria (they've got also some areas with bsl)...

11. peppapig

peppapig Banned

i thought it was news a few years ago that some german police were shooting suspected apbt on sight...........:eek:

12. WNK

WNK Big Dog

You can import Pitbulls to Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Poland...

13. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Incorrect my majority of my family live there one state (geneva) requires pit bulls to wear muzzles and a license for the 21 "dangerous" dog breeds but that is it. But I doubt this person is going to go out of their way to enter geneva. So sure there is BSL. Also all this BSL crap is usually poorly enforced so if your not working your dog in the school playground there usually is not problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009