1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hello All (56k lots of pictures)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kshymkiw, Aug 7, 2006.

1. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Pup

Hey all. I found this site while searching around and decided to join. I am from Columbus, Ohio and love every miunte of my dogs.

I have 3 APBT's. I will introduce them below:

Pac:
    Bloodline: Razors Edge
    Weight: ~80 lbs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nas (Pac's Son)
    Bloodline: Razors Edge
    Weight: ~35 lbs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Missy:
    Bloodline: Unknown
    Weight: ~45lbs
    Missy had a severe case of Demodectic Mange as a puppy, and lost almost all of the fur on her body. We treated it, and won. It was a rought treatment, but she has turned out so well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for picture whoring. Jusrt wanted to introduce me and my dogs!

Kevin

2. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Welcome, nice to meet you and your dogs. They look good for RE dogs. I like the second one best......

3. flip

flip Pup

Welcome to the site enjoy ur stay. BTW nice looking dogs u have there. Nas looks just like my new pup. Stick around a bit and you are bound to learn alot from everyone here, I know I have. :D

4. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Pup

Thanks. From looking around this site I have seen you guys aren't into the RE Lines, and are about game dogs. PAC will be starting to do soem weight pulling here soon, as i heard weight pulling before 2 years can be detremental to the dog.

All these dogs exhibit "game dog" charecteristics. I'm not here to start anything with anyone. I love my dogs as much as anyone here loves their dogs. Although what i prefer in taste is diffrent than what someone else may prefer.

Hope everyone has a great day!

5. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Pup

Thanks. Nas is getting bigger by the day. You see how big his father is. He is going through his puppy stages still, but is completely house broken at 4 months. I can't wait to see how he is going to look. I think with the white chest to offset his color, he will be a beautiful dog, that will fair extremely well in Weight Pulling

6. flip

flip Pup

Yes I also like the white that off sets the color, my pup has just about the same markings not quite as much white tho. She is only 8 weeks and I got her from a lady who doesn't take care of her dogs all that well. She was a little on the skinny side but now she is putting weight on. And believe or not she is already house broken. I think this is so because she was born outside and had been outside since I picked her up. I'll get some pics up soon 4 everyone 2 see my new addition to my k9 family.

7. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Yes, well some people here are really not into Razor's Edge dogs, for good reasons. Mainly that the dogs are not used for anything except couch potatoes(obviously doesn't apply to you) and that their "overdone" confirmation leads to health problems. Your dogs are beautiful though. I love all the pictures and hope you will post many of the weight pull training and, of course, your first competition. A lot of us here are picture "whores", our own selves.
    You have the dogs now and they are obviously so well cared for...welcome to the site. There are weight pullers here that got lots of good advice on training and equipment, etc. It seems like a good thing to do. I might try it myself someday. I'd love to see a competition, but the last time I checked, the closest weight pull was in Idaho. So if any members know of competitions in California, please post 'em and let me know.
    Exactly what does the Pac weigh? I love his flashy colors. His puppy is beautiful too. Of course judging a dog by color is a big No -no, but still...hmm, I can't help being prejudiced in favor of buckskins...
    Missy is really pretty too. It is terrible the ravages that demodetic mange causes. Are you considering training her for weight pulling also? Are you going to spay her since her bloodlines are unknown? I ask just out of curiosity. I had no intention of "doing" anything with my dog when I got her, but she has so much energy, she needs daily exercise and lots of it or she just climbs the walls in the house.
    So far she is just getting obedience training and then we shall see what to do with her. How did you pick weight pulling as an activity?
    Welcome to the site and stick around. Lots of really knowledgeable people willing to share their experience here even if they do like to bash "blues" and RE dogs. I would say most love their dogs and are in favor of owners loving their dogs and doing something with them....
    Just my humble opinion about the site. I have learned a lot here. I understand about the "game-dogges" feelings about RE dogs and unknown bloodlines, but my dog is here on earth and has a personality that I love. I'm not putting her down 'cause she is "blue" and crippled. She is mine til she dies and I love her. Of course she is spayed. Too many abused, homeless and starved "pit bulls" dying every day.
    I love to see the pics of the "game-dogs" and love being able to learn from the experienced breeders and owners here. I know nothing about breeding and have no intentions of ever doing so, but applaud those who are involved with preserving the "game" lines.

8. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Pup

Thanks. My biggest thing with raising an RE dog, was to make sure it was athletic. Each one of these dogs gets minimally 2 hours outside per day. They all play fetch, and run around. Pac in all honesty is the most agile of the 3 dogs. He is extremely quick, and can turn on a dime. He loves to run, and runs 3 to 5 miles with me daily. He is very muscular as well. He has great definition.

Once again thanks. I love these dogs. Hence why i say, my dogs "style" of build is for me, but may not be for everyone.

The last time he was at the vet 4 months ago, to get his Rabies Vacination renewed, he weighed in at 79 lbs. He is 1 1/2 and still has some space to grow.

Thank you. He has had 2 litters of Puppies. I don't charge a large amount of money, and i think for people looking for a RE I am very fair. Nas was taken as opposed to my fee of 250 dollars. If i decide to sell a puppy, Pac has bred, then my asking price is 300.

Missy is spayed. I would never let a dog with Genetic Deficiences reproduce. At this point i don't have any plans to get her into the Weight Pulling. Although it could change.

I picked it up off of a recomendation from another local Pit bull Community.

Once again thanks. I hope i can learn alot. I also hope i am not judged too harshyly for owning a RE or any other bloodline. My dogs aren't couch potatoes, and don't just look pretty. They get serious work in. They love to swim and run. I hope people see my side as well as their own. Some people love the "game dogs" and some people like the "show dogs", as with any breed.

Once again i hope everyone has a great day

9. tnob

tnob Big Dog

2 litters by 1 1/2 years old? WOW

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2006
  10. CB

CB CH Dog

I guess you could say im that but i will say that your black and white dog is one pretty ass dog for it being RE. Looks like you got them in good shape to. What kinda dog food you feeding there coat looks good. Hope you stay around and learn what you can.

11. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Pup

Yes. Litters were 11 pups and 9 pups.

12. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Pup

Thank you. I am glad you don't come off as an "ignorant" owner, who frowns on anyone who has a RE dog, regurdless of the dogs build/charecteristics.

I feed all of my dog's Eukanuba Premium Performance. The 1 year old+ Formula has 30% protein, no sugars, and seems to be doing amazingly well. I was feeding them Billjac for some time, and with the Sugars in Billjac it was making the dogs uncontrollable.

Once again thank you for the kind words.

13. CB

CB CH Dog

OOOOO you might get bashed for that one lol. Breeding a dog that is only 1 1/2 years old is wayyyyyyy to young to be breeding a dog. The dog is still a puppy let him fully grow and get out of his puppy stage. If you want to breed (which i dont agree with) then atleast wait till about 2 years old so he can be fully matured.

14. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Pup

The first 2 breddings i didn't have the dog. I inherited the dog after he had his first 2 litters.

15. CB

CB CH Dog

WoW Eukanuba would have never thought that. Must be working well for your dogs i would have guessed Canidae or something. It dont seem like your a ignorant owner and like someone said if you love your dogs and care for them then nobody cant bash you for that lol.

16. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Pup

lol. Thanks man. I actually have never heard of Canidae. I just went to Pet Smart and just picked up what i thought was the best dog food. It is doing a good job i think.

17. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

yea thats what i thought too before i joined this site, i was feeding my dog beneful and thought everything was fine. My dog is on Canidae now but there are a lot of good foods out there and for the most part u won't find them in a pet store, u should go to a feed store and look around they should have plenty of better foods there.

18. Yes those dogs are verry nice looking dog for some RE muts, buts thats ok. The size is a little big for me. I would also say the dog was bred whey to young and to many times at the age it is.

welcome to the site and enjoy I hope you get lots of information and experience with your stay here.

19. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Pup

The reason i went with the Eukanuba Premium is the following: Eukanuba
    Crude Protein not less than30.0%Crude Fat not less than20.0%Crude Fiber not more than4.0%Moisture not more than10.0%Vitamin E not less than140 IU/kgL-Carnitine not less than 40 mg/kg*Docosahexaenoic Acid not less than0.10%*Omega-6 Fatty Acid not less than3.35%*Omega-3 Fatty Acids not less than0.45%*

Canidae:
    Crude Protein​
    (min.)​
    24.00%​
    Crude Fat​
    (min.)​
    14.50%​
    Crude Fiber​
    (max.)​
    4.00%​
    Moisture​
    (min.)​
    10.00%​
    Lenoleic Acid (Omega 6)​
    (min.)​
    3.70%​
    Vitamin E​
    (min.)​
    200.00​
    IU/kg​
    Calcium​
    (min.)​
    1.20%​
    Phosphorus​
    (min.)​
    .90%​
    Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega 3)​
    (min.)​
    .60%​
    Ascorbic Acid​
    (min.)​
    50.00​
    mg/kg​
    Cellulase (a)​
    (min.)​
    100​
    CMCU/kg​

Eukanuba has more protein but also more fat. I guess it is a weird trade off.

20. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

see the only problem i have with that is that the place that the protein and fat is derived from is not as healthy as compared to canidae which has more natural and healthy ingredients, but hey if it works for u thats cool just letting u know that u might see a big improvement in your dogs i know i did.