1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

HBO Real Sports Profiles Underground Dogfighting

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by screamin'eagle, Aug 12, 2007.

1. FourCorners

FourCorners Banned

I just watched this and all that is floating in my head is Fat Bill. I have nothing against the guy but damn it kinda adds up. I mean he closed his site and nobody hears from him no more it just adds up to me.

2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

All I can say is.....

To Hell With The Devil!

And to the comment of a real dogman coming out of the shadows....
    Are you crazy!!!? A real dogman has some sense. That sounded like a bait!

(BTW, all I have seen was the smigon of a clip, and I liked how the dog came up to the woman and was begging for attention, and she was just trying to get the dog to jump up to get it from her!)

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

All 5 of the people motivated enough to do so? Alot of folks like to talk, very few will step outside their comfort zone to do a damn thing. Whether this means missing a few sleezy movies every month on HBO or donating $5 to help caring dog-owners out, it doesn't matter.

Haven't even seen the show. Canceling your HBO will do nothing, nobody seems to care about the breed outside their keyboard rhetoric.

4. bob

bob Banned

Blah, blah, blah...no disrespect to any of you...but i've read threads like this over and over and over again...as you have too...haven't you had enough?...i have!...isn't it time to actually do something?...isn't it time to set the record straight on the breed and the game?...better fucking still...time to demand the legalization of dogfighting in the U.S of A...fuck yeh!...i would personally pay someone $10 a week for the rest of my frigin life just to see some well spoken, well mannered individual or group publicly stand up for what i know and believe in...

in a country of how many people?...290 million?...you couldn't find one or several thrillseekers to be the public face of dogfighting?...you have got to be kidding me...surely someone has a sense of humour and some balls

how many dogmen/women are there on this planet?...surely you could find many that would part with their cash just to see the hsus frothing at the mouth at such a bold move...i know i would...lmao

if anyone out there wants to give it ago, you've got my $10 bucks, but none of this pussy letter writing...i want you to hit the streets with a banner...walk on washington...i want to see you're face on t.v dude...but first you might want to get some medical insurance...,)

5. olered

olered Banned

i would've figured it would've been a bunch of crap, about chaining the dogs to make em aggressive??? wtf??!!! from what i've heard ur supposed to chain em away from any dogs. did it attack pitbulls in general or dogfighting in general?

6. Atwater27

Atwater27 Big Dog

I don't see what the big deal was. Is there anyone her who expected to see something different? Did you guys think they were gonna portray dog fighting in a good light?

7. diva

diva CH Dog

I saw the replay on HBO last night. I must agree with those who said..."what did you expect? dog fighting to be glorified?".
    Dog fighting is illegal. It will NOT be portrayed in a positive light. What I did not like about the program was the fact that they said dogs were put on heavy chains and housed close together to make them aggressive. They said that spring poles were a tool used to strenghten the jaws and that animal hides were attached to get them used to biting in to another animal. Those statements get the public in a frenzy. Every time they see more than one bulldog and lord forbid a spring pole, they assume dog fighter. Assumptions can put anyone in a world of trouble.
    There isn't much a person can do to stop this kind of press on dog fighting. As long as it is illegal, it will not be accepted. I try to shine a positive light on these dogs. When we held the benefit show for the Bailey and Self families, the local newspaper came out. Take a look at <a href="http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22756"> this thread</a> to see the article. After the article was published on the front page of the paper, two local t.v. shows called wanting Kayla, the little girl in the picture, to appear on their morning show. She filmed the first show this week. I'll see if I can upload the clip of their interview. I must say that I liked it. There were a few things I would have worded differently, but over all it was good press for the breed. BSL is being passed every where and we must stand up for our dogs before we can no longer own them. I'm sorry but at this day and time, I don't think that demanding the legalization of dog fighting is going to work. It is my personal opinion that one thing that might work is getting the word out that these are not bad dogs and people do not need to be afraid....because frankly most people are scared of these dogs. We need to show people that these dogs are not human aggressive and that they do not need to fear them...show them that these dogs live with children and families....and are pets and companions. Once you do that....then maybe you can address the issue of what these dogs were bred to do. But, until they are accepted, we run the risk of not being able to have them at all. We can't even travel with our dogs without running the risk of jail time because it is illegal to transport what is deemed to be a fighting animal. Adding fuel to the fire is not going to put it out.

8. ~apbtfriend~

~apbtfriend~ Big Dog

Everyone needs to write a letter or e-mail to HBO that show was so bogus. The lost puppy thing was ridiculous !!!!

The whole show made me upset !

9. olered

olered Banned

don't ban the breed, ban the idiot hypocrytes.... who blow things all out of proportion.

10. I agree, but the issue lies in the fact that with this propoganda it magnifies the activites of all pitbull owners. You could be training a dog for a number of legal activities, and be misconstrued as participating in illegal activites by virtue of your training methods. Steroetyping break sticks, treadmills, spring poles, weight dragging etc. as specific to dog fighting is both wrong and harmful. Dog fighting is illegal, but running a dog on a treadmill is not. To lump the two activites together is the confusion that is perpetuated by misinterpretations such as this show. For statements such as the dogs using springpoles to strenghthen their jaws for fighting, and using animal hides for the sole purpose of conditioning the dog to bite into another animal to go unchallenged is equally wrong on our parts. I watch breed all about it on animal planet, and they routinely show various show breeds running on treadmills to condition for shows. According to this type of media though if its a bulldog...his running is running him for a fight. That is a wrong assumption based on bad info.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
    maximusflys likes this.
  11. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Most of the statements you guys are refering to were made by the Trooper. Since when does a trooper know shit about how to "train" a dog to fight. I know, I know, But thats what they're saying. Idiots. Cull em all and let God sort em out.

12. dude...look whos talking!

13. amen sister! ;)

14. Suki

Suki Guest

was the name i was thinking as well....

15. Marty

Marty Guest

This is the same shit as "Off the chain"... nothing more :(

16. bob

bob Banned

Titch, i think you're being a bit harsh, don't worry me though.

That's 10 bucks from me, and hopefully $10 from a few others, let's say 200 of us, that's $2000 a week, $100,000 a year, wouldn't call that measley.

Titch, name the time, date and place and i'll get on the plane and we'll hit the streets together. Will you join me?

Trust me i'm no pussy, just think it would make more sense to have someone with a bit more experience than myself selling the message.

But if no one does, like they haven't over the past 100 years, aside from Mr Stratton, although i wouldn't exactly call him a campaigner, than i will. And then you'll complain that i did a poor job. Can't win with some people can you.

17. simms

simms CH Dog

Hell, you could rent bill boards...

18. fitzpit

fitzpit Big Dog

anyone have any great tshirt ideas? im a printer.

19. diva

diva CH Dog

I agree. That's why I said "Those statements get the public in a frenzy. Every time they see more than one bulldog and lord forbid a spring pole, they assume dog fighter. Assumptions can put anyone in a world of trouble".

20. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

Yup, pro-dogfighting billboards. The BSL people could not ask for any better publicity.