1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

HBO Real Sports Profiles Underground Dogfighting

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by screamin'eagle, Aug 12, 2007.

1. http://www.hbo.com/realsports/index.html

Tuesday at 9pm central HBO's Real Sports in running a program on the underground world of dogfighting. I posted the link above for anyone that is interested.

2. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

Thanks for the post. I'm an HBO subscriber, let's see how interesting this gets.

3. JuckingFerk

JuckingFerk Big Dog

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=506 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=486 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=default>Dogfighting
    [​IMG]
    With the deplorable world of dogfighting recently coming to the forefront through the alleged involvement of a professional athlete and high profile federal investigations, Real Sports takes an investigative look into the underground culture of this inexplicable activity. Through behind-the-scenes footage and interviews, correspondent Bernard Goldberg looks to shine a spotlight on the practices associated with the disturbing arena of dogfighting.

This is the description of the episode. Im glad to see that it will be an objective and unbias report.

Ferk out

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

i wonder who makes more money off of dog fights HBO ,showtime or the actual dog fighters.

5. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Unbias

hahahaha

6. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

This should be interesting.

7. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Im sure it will be nothing but a great portayal of the breed.....NOT..lol

8. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Bump , just a friendly reminder for those that want ot see what kind of a spin they put on it.

9. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I shot home because I thought it was coming on at 8! DAMNIT!!Who in the hell wants to watch War of the Worlds for the 19th time? Or Bill Maher's retarded ass? I hate that guy!

10. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Give us folks that dont have HBO a rundown on how the program went.

11. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

No problem. :)

12. simms

simms CH Dog

Yeah...Bill Maher is a fag!

13. simms

simms CH Dog

All i have to say at this point is.....someone knows who that Mofo is!

That DVM, f%ck him and his practice. He didnt prove sh%t that dog could have gotten out on its own and got in a scrap turn around and get hit by a car.

14. wally81

wally81 Pup

so who saw it? thoughts?

15. dmx215

dmx215 Big Dog

i think it was BS i why would some need to take that lil ol dog that shit would not of made it back if that what they said happened really happened just blame the pitbull but did anyone see any other marks on the dog i didn't.

16. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

OMG!!! What a bunch of sh*t!! Those animal control officers make it seem like a responsible dog owner is a criminal. Just because I don't free feed my dogs I am making them mean? And a spring pole is only to make them get used to biting an animal? And dogs chained next to eachother only make them agressive?

Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to have a dog that wasn't 50lbs overweight and excercised. And as for dogs on chains, it only takes a little while for a new dog on a chain spot to adjust and it does not make them vicious.

And lastly they put an american bulldog to sleep for everyone to see not an APBT.

Can't say I expected anything better. Can't wait to hear more responses.

17. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

PURE CRAP. First off, the one yard they showed had been rained on for days and all the chain outs were flooded. The SPCA was there with the police and the guy had fled prior to them showing up. Needless to say his dogs had no food or water because he was running from the law. Now, of course, the whole world is going to think that every yard is flooded and the dogs never have food or water. Secondly, whoever the wannabe dogman was had nothing but blue and blue fawn dogs. There was a guy on there who was giving the down low with his face hidden and said he didnt do dogs anymore because his wife made him quit. I would never marry a woman who TRIED to tell me what to do in the first place. Next they get into showing a few matches and some trash just hanging out and whatever...Ghetto trash kicks this cold dog then they put another dog on it. The damn dogs cold...whats the point. They showed one dog with his mouth duct taped shut so it couldnt defend itself and some asshole let another dog finish him while he was taped....FUCKING IDIOTS!!!!Then they go to the shelter where all the dogs that were confiscated off of this dumbasses yard were being held and it was stated that the dogs werent fit for adoption and would more than likely be euthed. BULLSHIT! Im so damn mad right now I could slap someone. It showed the Vet Euthing what looked to be an English Bulldog cross just because it came from a home where fighting dogs had been confiscated. This was the biggest load of shit Ive ever seen and it was on HBO with a million+ people watching. This was way more than a black eye to the breed and our cause. It was more like a broken neck. This does not look good my friends. I wish I didnt have HBO. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  18. tnob

tnob Big Dog

It was the usual spca point of view on all subjects. Guy in charge of the gaming police stated the spring pole was to build the jaw muscles, dogs were chained closely to make them more aggresive, bait dogs are used. Im sure there are some people who know the guy they interviewed.

19. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

More of the same ol' same ol'. The dude with the injured pup...what a bunch of garbage. The dog disappears from his back yard and comes limping home days later after being in a fight with another dog. It's automatically assumed that the dog was stolen and used as a bait animal. The supposed vet that treated the dog went so far as to say that a "dogman" broke the pup's leg in order to make it easier pickens for the fighting dog that was being trained to kill. Bullshit bullshit bullshit! The dog basically had only scratches except for the broken leg. Looked more like it may have been hit by a car than used as a bait dog for a pit bull. The likeliest scenario is that the pup got out of its owner's back yard, went for a roam, and got into it with some other mutt, raccoon, or such. A pup like the one featured isn't going to get away from a pit dog, especially with a broken leg, then go limping home with scratches.
    What histrionic propaganda!

Then there was the animal control idiot spouting the usual "dogs are kept chained in close proximity to each other in order to increase aggression."

The entire segment made me sick, and I'm pretty sure that Fat Bill was the main "dogman" being interviewed.Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. It was definitely his video, "The Art of Victory", shown in the piece though.

20. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

I just seen it. Let me just say a few things. I became very annoyed after seeing it. They get their information from street thugs matching their BYB dogs. Shit pisses me off.

1. I'd like to find those punk ass thugs that was kicking the dog who didn't want to fight in the basement.
    2. That puppy that was supposedly stolen for fighting and came back with a broken hip, is like using my 8 yr old cousin as a sparring partner for me when I was boxing. WTF?!
    3. There was a puppy pen full of blue puppies that came from a champion bloodlines. WTF?!
    4. Who was this "dogman?" He quit the game because of his wife and yet they only showed two of his fat dogs? Not to mention talking on camera? Especially the "coulple of freight trains" part, I've read that many times in books and stories.
    5. Louisiana state trooper stating that the dogs are chained up near one another to keep them agressive. Again WTF?!