1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Have you ever had problems with a pit bull?

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

San Francisco, CA -- Lisa Geduldig, San Francisco No, because when I catch a glimpse of one, I head for the other side of the city.

Michael Santo, Castro Valley No, never. And I know several people with pit bulls and own two myself. Frankly, I never wanted a pit bull, but after having shelter volunteers practically push Ascii out the door with us -- they loved him; he eventually became a pet therapy dog -- I have learned how loving they are.

Leslie Earl, Dixon No. As an AKC-approved dog judge, I have very few problems with any breed's individuals and no problems with any breed in particular. It could be interesting to ask, "Have you ever had good experiences with a pit bull?" I could answer "yes," and expect many others could as well.

Yvonne Sullivan, San Mateo It was a taller-than-a-toddler pit regularly running loose across the street. One day, I got in my car and turned to shut the door. I couldn't, because the pit bull was about to set his head on my lap! He came from out of nowhere in no time at all with no owner in sight. It made me catch my breath. What if he hadn't been friendly that time?

Peter Beagle, Oakland The only pit bull I know lives across the street and doesn't seem to have any idea that that's what he is. His owners keep him on a leash, but he frequently comes bouncing over to me, laughing and wagging himself, asking if I don't think it's a lovely day to be alive. But I've seen strange, unleashed pit bulls trotting down the street from time to time, and I keep my distance, always.

Marty Hogan, Hercules No. That's because I go out of my way to avoid them. Those animals were bred to be vicious and should not be allowed to be outdoor pets.

Rudy Rivers, Castro Valley I was attempting to deliver mail to a house where a pit bull and small child were playing outside. The child told the pit bull to "get him!" As trained, I put my satchel in front of me and sprayed the dog when it came at me; it turned away. I was relieved, because some dogs even seem to like that and keep coming. But with all the stories I have heard, when someone offered me a pit bull puppy, I couldn't resist!

Two Cents is a pool of Bay Area residents we tap for comments and anecdotes. Columns are a representative sampling of responses to questions we pose via e-mail. To join the pool, e-mail us at twocents@sfchronicle.com.

2. MRS_FIFTY

MRS_FIFTY Guest

Marty Hogan, Hercules No. That's because I go out of my way to avoid them. Those animals were bred to be vicious and should not be allowed to be outdoor pets.

Sheer Genius.........

3. Marty

Marty Guest

Yeah I know some people just dont want to learn, he should come to this site if he would like to know the truth.:)

4. GrCh_Jeff

GrCh_Jeff Big Dog

this fella deffently needs to learn a lil bout the breed.If people would use those things god gave us,,they would see and hear the truth!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2005
  5. CRD

CRD Big Dog

People who never learn are the one whose not responsible!

6. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

Marty Hogan Is A Stupid Uneducated Dumb Ass

7. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

some people like my neighbor if i take my dogs out and she is out she will run inside and lock the door and watch out the window tell we are gone or back inside

8. Marty

Marty Guest

Yep this is very sad that people think of our breed this way :(

9. pitlver

pitlver Pup

don't say he is stupid just ignorant its that kind of attitude that makes people think pitbull owners are as bad as the dogs and we all know that is far from the truth. help educate to save our breed if not you are worse than the others.

10. pitlver

pitlver Pup

have you tried going over and talking with her and then introducing your dogs to her to help eliminate her poorly placed fears it just might work.

11. pitlver

pitlver Pup

lots of people are like this until they actual get to know the breed. i myself was one of these people until a good friend introduced me to the breed and now its the only breed i will ever have.:D

12. If you go out of your way to avoid them then how can you pass judgement on them. It's not the dog thats vicious it's the owners that make them vicious. I will never own anything but a pit because they are faithful loving family pets. Maybe you should explore different avenues and learn alittle more about the breed before you slander the name. What about all the murderers and rapists... where they raised that way???

13. Ramonster

Ramonster Guest

I own A Amstaff and he is the biggest damn lap dog. I never had a problem
    with any Amstaff/Pit Bulls.

Chris