1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Have game CAO gained traction in the USA yet?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Ramkol, Jan 17, 2021.

1. For those somewhat curious the big competitions tend to be held in almaty Kazakhstan for cao and kv (kavkaz volkodav) types.
    Most seem bred for that role with the odd outcross to more land race types used in the traditional role that usually aren't ridiculously oversized in comparison to the match bred dogs. Lightweight is 50kg,middleweight 72kg and heavy weight starts at 90kg with some competitions having a class for super heavyweight if I remember correctly .
    They seem to use rules similar to cajun rules with dogs being made to scratch (I use that term loosely) . In the bigger competitions they tend to use a circle or square field as a pit with chain link fences separating the crowd , seating stands all round like a mini arena etc. Cars as top prize for the owners who's dogs come 1st in each weight division in bigger competitions. Some of the types seen within the KV dog's have something wolf ish about their appearance wise and I've also seen them post videos of dogs or bitches tied with wolves they've captured so that could be why. They also like the occasional outcross to apbt. a dog known as baron - terminator (apbt X volkodav) being well known in numerous countries in the caucus region and another named domino(looks more likely to be an AB cross) who took lightweight championships last year I think and the year before. The owner seems to travel internationally for matches within cao and volko competitions and is Chinese but seems to avoid the run what ya brung matches held in China that are usually a mix of tosa, bully kutta, lgds etc. The domino dog I've seen a few videos of and he easily out wrestled bigger opponents. These apbt crosses are frowned upon by a lot of the purists I've noticed by translating and reading comments. I've never seen a kangal(or any other Turkish lgd type) or tibetan mastiff in any of these competitions like you might see in open competitions in China(caricatures like bully's and amstaff).
    Obviously other countries have matches but Kazakhstan seems to be where the big leagues are for lgd matches.

Hazko likes this.
  2. Hazko

Hazko Big Dog

Interesting ! I don’t mind the CAO’s
    Any pics of the crosses ?

3. Чемпионка по домино волкодав казахстан
    Search that on Google.... It'll pop up in the first 6 images. He's marked like a cow, owner holding his lead. The pic was too big to post here

4. Or even try volkodav taldyka on Instagram. He has a bitch who's 3/4 cao 1/4 apbt named moynak with a highlight real posted. Matched into cao and apbt . Her sire was the baron-terminator dog. He also has pics of some of her siblings on his page. If you scan closely enough you'll spot them

5. I was wrong about the weight classes. This was posted elsewhere in Russian and I was also wrong about the domino dog. He's from kalmykia.... I was sure I'd seen a Chinese flag on his owners IG but must've been wrong.

Championship in 4 weight categories
    up to 50 kg super light weight - prize 70% of the collected amount 2nd place 30%
    up to 60 kg light weight - car prize for 1st place, for 2nd place Karachai foal, for 3rd place Karachai lamb
    up to 70 kg average weight - a prize for a car for 1 place, for a second place a foal of the Karachai breed, for a third place a lamb of the Karachai breed
    over 70 kg heavy weight - a prize for a car for 1 place, for a second place a foal of a Karachai breed, for a third place a lamb of a Karachai breed