1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Has Stratton commented on the Razor's Edge type of "Pits?"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Oldskool Brent, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Has Stratton commented on the Razor's Edge type of "Pits?"

I'm curious as to what his thoughts are on this new style of "pit," and I use that word lightly, no offense to owners of them, I'm sure they can be great dogs. I'm a newb on this board but I have been trying to educate people about pits all my life and on message boards for 10 years.

I'm in Martinsburg, WV and I get a lot of D.C. papers and 3/4 of the "pits" for sale have "Razor's Edge" somewhere in the ad. When a pit bull is mentioned on several car boards I frequent I try and show and tell them what a real one looks like and they always, and I mean always, paste a picture of one of those 100 pound blue's of his and say "I thought this was a pit bull?"

So anyways, I was just curious if he has weighed in on the matter. Thanks.

2. TTNK101

TTNK101 Pup

Re: Has Stratton commented on the Razor's Edge type of "Pits?"

A 100 lb Blue dog is not a good representive of the razors Edge.Check out our Dogs to see what they should look like

www.texastopnotchkennels.com

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Thats a joke right!

4. Shameless

Shameless Big Dog

Unfortunately, it is what a majority of RE dogs have become so while it may not be a good representation of what an AmBully should be, 100 pound blue dogs are pretty normal in the RE world.

While I've admired Captain Jack in the pictures you've posted in the past and I am glad to see you call them American Bullies(for the most part), I see that you say they have the 'potential' to excel in weight pull or conformation, do you compete in either of those with the dogs in your breeding program?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
  5. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Why in the introduction on your site, you lie to people and sayin those are APBT...

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Why educate people on "pits" for 10yrs and own bullies?:confused:

7. TTNK101

TTNK101 Pup

Its my moms site and we do show in conformation and I train for weight pulling but my mom likes the dogs fat wich I hate:mad:

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I'm sorry but those are not American Pit Bull terriers, i don't care what paper you have that says they are! Those are a hole different breed all together! what do they way I'm just curios!

9. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Sure..and I'm just curious as to how much yall make selling those things

10. TTNK101

TTNK101 Pup

our heviest dog is leo and on the vet scale he ways 85 during the winter.....how much do we make not much considering it all goes back to the dogs on facilities training food shows and everything else they need.We never said they were pitbulls.We went on the news saying American Bullies we tell the public American Bullies if someone wants a pit we tell them ours are American Bullies

11. TTNK101

TTNK101 Pup

sure what?You dont beleive me we have lots of trophies from shows we used to weight pull with James Bates down here in Texas

12. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

"We specialize in UKC American Pit Bull Terriers." That is what the Home Page says.

13. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Well maybe mom should change the line on that first page that says "we breed ukc registered American Pit Bull Terriers"... Just a thought.. Some people could be misled...

14. Re: Has Stratton commented on the Razor's Edge type of "Pits?"

i'm calling bullsh*t. first you say here's what RE dogs are supposed to look like, then you come back with that "my mom likes em fat which i hate".

if you are an honest breeder...then be proud of the dogs you own...or your mom. you shouldn't flip a switch the first time someone clowns or disagrees with your (or mom's) breeding program.

yeah, i'm curious as to what a "real RE dog" goes for myself????

15. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

The reason they have razors edge in the papers is because that's what sells.People that bred blue dogs bred for color alright,the color's green.It's a shame but some BYB can get as much for a cur bred 100 pound blue dog than a reputable dogman can get for a good gamebred dog.

16. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

You guys specialize in razors edge your self! I got the impression you were complaining about that line of dogs?!?! i don't get this hole post!
    :rolleyes:

17. TTNK101

TTNK101 Pup

well are dogs are UKC registered but once ABKC gets up and running properly we will no longer use UKC and we will have that removed

18. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

But Waht???!!! :eek::confused:

19. Marty

Marty Guest

In the news?

WTF?

BLUE PITBULL PUPS for sell ?

BLUE PITBULL PUPS
    We have 3 blue pit bull puppies left they are 5 weeks old.Ukc registered with a great pedigree.They're Gotti/Razors Edge/Certified.The dam is "RAVEN" grand daughter to "GRAND CHAMPION LEVI" out of Mavrick Kennels her temperament is outstanding great with all types of animals and children...Shes family raised our pride and joy this is her second and last litter.Everybody who owns a dog from her previous litter have given us nothing but praise.
    The sire is East Sides "RICH BOY" son to Devils Den's "CREAM" he was the only born so he has no littermates. He is the son of "CERTIFIED BLOND BOMBEST" (100% certified female off certified big meat ) he is the only male of his kind.
    Puppies come with papers, shots, dewormed and health certificate Email or call for price ,
    pictures or any questions 610-507-4772 ask for Michael

http://www.rusrek.com/ru/view_full_message/13712

I deleted this shit but thought it appropriate to post in this thread :rolleyes:

So what about the others 3 weeks old?

20. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I took a real onn once... She had razors edge top to bottom and some of the dogs had a * meaning they were staff... Adba had her registered as APBT but she looked like a staff so I called her a staff.. She was 2 when she got stolen and she weighed 35-40 lbs.