1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

!!!Harnett County N.C.!!!!

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Suki, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Suki

Suki Guest

heads up!

Harnett County Dog Owners Subject To New Restrictions

POSTED: 4:34 pm EDT April 19, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:46 pm EDT April 19, 2006

HARNETT COUNTY, N.C. -- Dangerous dogs must now be under tight supervision in Harnett County after officials passed several changes to animal control ordinances.

Owners of dogs considered dangerous must have them sterilized, keep them in a secure area and hang "Beware of Dog" signs. They must also be identified with a tattoo or implant. Those who do not follow the new laws can be fined up to $400.

The changes were prompted by the death of 3-year-old Nathan Hill in 2004. He was killed by a neighbor's pit bull terrier.

2. boot

boot Pup

i was recently looking into moving to that area so when i read this article i called their animal control. i asked them if they considered a specific breed a dangerous dog or a dog that has had an incident. they said it is only considered a dangerous dog if it has has an incident and breed didn't matter.

3. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

ok the like are not targeting breeds such as bully type. thats good toknow