1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Harnesses vs. Collars

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by mike333, Sep 12, 2005.

?

Which do you prefer collars or harnesses?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2005.
  1. Harnesses

13.3%
  2. Collars

86.7%
  1. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

This is a poll to see which one is more favored in the pit bull community.[​IMG]

2. CB

CB CH Dog

Collars for me just dont see any reason to use a harness.

3. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

collars for me also

4. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

i collar also

5. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

collar, unless i'm walkin her. then she needs a harness. she chokes herself if you use a collar

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Depends on what we are talking......for anything but draggin weights and treadmill I use a collar.

7. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Collars for tie outs and walking. Harnesses for working, such as drag weights and mill.

8. CRD

CRD Big Dog

there is much more control in collar rather than harness.

9. I prefer harness over collars. I walk and dog my dog in a harness b/c there is better leverage with them over collars. Also, if under 2 inches, collars can mess a dog's throat.

10. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Collars for walking (more control) and harness for working like drag weights or treadmill. I also use a harness when my dog goes for rides in the car or truck. I use a special seat belt strap that attaches to the harness and clicks into the seat belt buckle.

11. pejay

pejay Big Dog

i use collars. harness only for stuff like weight or bike pulling, etc.

12. WWII

WWII Banned

I just started using a harness. I like it, but will probably go back to a collar when he grows a little more and I can use a wider collar.

13. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

Yeah,I used to use harnesses but I decided to use collars just recently.

14. considering i weigh 105 pounds and my dogs pull in the thousands....collars all the way..i need all the help i can get lol

15. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

i like harnesses when walkin and stuff like that,dont like collarssounds like all they doin is chokin their selfs.

16. TopDog

TopDog Pup

i use a collar keep the control in my hands

17. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Only REAL DOGMEN know that collars are the way to go right RH hehehehe just playing man.

18. Judy

Judy CH Dog

I use both sensi lead and a collar for walks, I clip the leash onto both rings, Im a lightweight and I need the extra protection.

19. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

i like a harness it lets me reach down and gettem off the ground or just plain stop him but im a pretty big boy.

20. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Agreed, and same here---Harness.