1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Harnesses or collar

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 1850stafford, Aug 17, 2023.

1. When out walking the bulldogs do you prefer a harness or collar what's your preference and why

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

For a casual walk I prefer the collar. You have more control of the dog with a collar.

If I am working I prefer the harness because in between walking the dog pulls chains.

S

1850stafford likes this.
  3. With most breeds I've had, they all would kill way more when the harness was on. The collar helped to control them more.

If I needed to walk the dog and tire them out I would use the harness. If a casual stroll (if they would allow it) I would use the collar.

1850stafford likes this.
  4. Supposed to say they would all pull more when the harness was on

1850stafford likes this.
  5. slim12

I was going to buy the harness you use. LOL

S

1850stafford and Revelator like this.
  6. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Harness is no good for running on a jenny , a treadmill and has less control when walking compared to a collar , someone once said a harness is only for photos

Elmo Vee, 1850stafford, Vicki and 2 others like this.
  7. They say collars damage the wind pipe over time when they pull on the collar not sure how true it is

david63 likes this.
  8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

For me it just depends on the dog. If they are hard pullers that feel the constant need to dig into every step, then I prefer a harness. Otherwise they'll just make themselves throw up every 60 feet. The ones that will walk with slack in the lead I like to just walk with their collars on. Just comes down to personal preference and what YOU prefer to use.

You do have more control of a dog with a collar though and depending on where you walk that could also be a consideration to consider.

Screenshot_20230820_213144_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230823_213157_Facebook.jpg

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Harness all day in less on chain spot or exercise equipment. Don't really be around people or other dogs so don't really give a shit. Run up if you want lol

1850stafford and Revelator like this.
  10. I need a harness like that

AGK likes this.
  11. AGK

Shane from Stillwater Kennel Supply.

He's on FB. Has made every collar, harness or lead I've ever posted my dogs wearing on here.

Screenshot_20230828_220953_Chrome.jpg

12. Having invested a substantial amount of time and money in the pursuit of finding the ideal collar or harness for my dogs, I can confidently assert that a definitive solution exists.

Enter Chico Lopez's pitbull leather collars.

Having tried out a majority of the premier collars available on the market, I can attest to the distinctiveness of Chico Lopez's ingenious design. The intricate details are truly remarkable. Unlike its counterparts, Chico Lopez's collars strike a perfect balance between functionality and comfort, eliminating the risk of permanent discomfort or damage to your cherished canine companion.

While other collars may fall short in terms of proper design, it's important to emphasize that selecting alternatives could lead to irritation and undue stress for your dog, factors they cannot verbally communicate to you.

It's critical to acknowledge that poorly designed collars have the potential to inflict harm upon peripheral nerves, neuromuscular junctions, and even the vagus nerve, which plays a crucial role in regulating various bodily functions. These collars might also have adverse effects on the spinal cord, limbs, eyes, and overall blood circulation, significantly impacting your dog's sensory perception and organ functionality. The negative impact extends to the thyroid and salivary glands, which can be compromised due to repetitive trauma, leading to inflammation and potential damage.

When turning our attention to harnesses, particularly with American pitbull terriers in mind, it's evident that harnesses are not infallibly secure. A prime concern lies in the fact that many dogs can easily wriggle out of harnesses, highlighting a lack of control. Additionally, harnesses can pose risks by causing joint and chest injuries, constraining movement, and even stunting natural development. The importance of proper fit is paramount here, as a tight harness can lead to complications like shoulder joint problems and soft tissue damage. The potential for musculoskeletal and tracheal injuries, along with implications for ocular health, further underscores the complexity of harness selection.

To conclude, the realm of dog collars and harnesses is indeed intricate, and making informed decisions is imperative. Chico Lopez's pitbull leather collars emerge as a standout choice, demonstrating meticulous design that optimizes comfort and functionality. When considering alternatives, one must weigh the potential consequences, encompassing both physical and physiological aspects that contribute to the well-being of our furry companions.
    Chico Lopez collar
    [​IMG]
    Chico Lopez collar
    [​IMG]
    Chico Lopez collar
    [​IMG]

It's crucial to highlight that Chico Lopez collars go beyond just boosting the performance of working dogs; they actually offer benefits for dogs of all breeds. What's even better is that these collars can be customized in size to suit different dogs. And of course, it's worth mentioning that Chico Lopez's expertise, particularly in the American Pitbull Terrier realm, adds a special touch to his offerings.

13. AGK

I almost want to throw up just reading all that...

Lmao nice add for Chico. Can tell he wrote it. You can tell by the way it makes you feel nauseous just by reading it. :))

Most of these dogs are on chain set ups, them collars won't last in the outdoors. Especially the rain or the snow. Leather is a poor choice in material unless it's just a show piece. It stretches when it gets wet and it also rots and gets moldy after repeated contact with moisture.

14. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

for sheer number of good dogs , I think Tom Garner has to up there , I know there are probably lots of much smaller kennels with higher % of good dogs

15. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Sorry meant for a different tread

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Silly guy. The collars ain't for no dogs. It's for all the customers who buys his dogs lol

Revelator likes this.
  17. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

That cover photo is wild!

18. slim12

Big Stillwater fan.

But check out treepitz on here. His collars are top notch/world class.

His swivels/collar rings are 2nd to none.

Dude has some skills.

It is for bulldogs made by someone with a ton of years with bulldogs.

Check him out.

S

treezpitz and Revelator like this.
  19. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Hurricane kennels from Sweden his made collars were superb, also there was a guy in the UK who've made many good everlasting collars for our dogs.The old mutt we've here wears a collar which is 30 years old.

Revelator likes this.
  20. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

UK made IMG_20230901_114404901.jpg

Revelator and AGK like this.