1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hard headed bulldog helpppp.....

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by fiyahgurl, Sep 1, 2004.

1. fiyahgurl

fiyahgurl Pup

My three month old Boudreaux/Eli pitbull loves biting and jumping on me and family members. I was wondering if you all have any ideas or suggestions they will be gladly appreciated as what to do to prevent him from doing this all the time. Ive tried to just simply say No, Stop and Don't but he just barks at me and keeps on chewing and jumping. Please help.

2. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

Is it a constant thing, or just when someone come to your home?? Paddie is the sme exact way... I always make her come sit with me... make her lay down, wutever, as long as she was beside me and I had good control of her.... a toy or treats helps too to keep them ocupied, so they dont think its a punishment... they need to know that what they are doing is wrong, but they also need to know that sitting down and being calm is a good thing... Get a friend that wont be afraid to disaplin your dog.... That works too.... And have them come over to the house alot... When the dog starts jumping, have THEM yell at the dog, give him/her a slap on the nose, wutever it takes to let them know that it is wrong... then reward them for chilling out... Pit Bulls are one of the smartest breeds... (Smarter than LABS!! ;) ) So if you keep at it, it wont take long... age is also a big factor... all that energy as pups... LOL

3. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

You are gonna need a leash so you can correct her when she does this to someone. When she does this to you and she is not on a leash you will use the palm of your hand to push her down gently to a standing on 4 legs or a sitting position while at the same time you will be saying ''Down'' in a firm tone. When she or he gets to that standing or sitting position you will tell it what a good boy or girl he or she has been. There are many articles in the internet that go deeper into this, what I have told you is very limited but it's a beginning. If you have any troubles finding the information you a needing write me a message and I will get more specific with you on the subject.

4. X

X Banned

There is an article in Obedience Training named <b>Train Your Dog Yourself</b>. It has some good detailed information on that and pretty much goes along with what blackbeard said :)

5. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Yeah good idea. Check out those links. I also wanted to add this. When your dog is barking and keeps doing what it was doing after you try to correct it, your dog is pretty much saying, WHATEVER!! You just need to put your dog in check and let it know who is BOSS. If not your dog will continue to run over it. You need to establish some type of order in your house as far as who is in charge. Just keep at it and you'll be doing good in no time.
    GOOD LUCK

6. fiyahgurl

fiyahgurl Pup

Thanks guys I will check out the sites and everything more replies will be more helpfull in my situation so please continue to post. Thanx alot.

7. What I suggest is when your dog is jumping up on you grab her 2 front paws and lightly knee her in the chest and when the dog bites you yell OWWWW real loud . Workss great for me. Problem should be solved within a week like this.