1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hard Culling or Genetic Re-Direction by CA Jack

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Naustroms, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

and the gyp freezes up. Don't start doesn't do ANYTHING except look around at all the people...

There is your answer. She never quit because she never started. Its not the size of the show but the quality of the hogs. If she ran through Tornado would you care whether there were two people to witness it or one thousand. Does the size of the show speak to the quality of hounds present? What i think should have been done (besides not culling her) was go back into that gyp at a different venue (smaller/familiar). In other words, conduct an experiment by taking into account your variables.

2. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

If your not first your last.

3. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

If your not first your last.

Does a "match" absolutely determine first and last or is it the quality of the hound? There are a number of ways you can lose a match which are INDEPENDENT of the hog.

4. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Damnit junie.... Im drunk watchin taladega nights... The appropriate response woulda been shake and bake...
    But seriously, If the dog wont cross the street why show her anyway...Everybodies assuming she aint go cuz of the crowd but there is still the possibility that she just aint wanna do her JOB...

5. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

"Ima come at you like a spider monkey!"

Yes, it is an assumption but a "safe" one considering the problem laid out: X amount of positive data and one ANOMALY (i wont say negative because she did not quit). When you get data that is inconsistent with previous info then you RECHECK the data/"run tape again".

BTW, you are also assuming that she didn't want to cross because of what was on the other side.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
  6. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

if the gyp was rolled like minuteman posted then she was started." gyp that demolishes everything in school" "put something RUFF on her, and then another when she walks thru that" wasn't talking about a cold gyp now was he. her motor ran just fin at her yard but seezed up come show time. cold dogs dont get rolled let alone 2 dogged. hypocritically speaking.

7. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

It may sound like a whole lot of what ifs but she possibly couldve been ruined in her rolls..which isnt her fault but still made her a cur none the less.. he did say she went bak home and acted good but whos to say she aint wanna GO cuz she had a cur moment..
    Like i think ben was sayin. Cold dont =Cur, so if you already been started and aint go I think that= Cur... But im no dogman and i think this is a great discussion...

"my teacher asked me what was the capitol of North Carolina and I said Washington,D.C."

8. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

Don't start doesn't do ANYTHING except look around at all the people...

What part of "don't start doesn't do anything..." dont you understand.

9. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

She was started when she was back home Rollin actin like a bulldog... Are you sayin your satisfied with a dog starting and stopping cuz that sounds like a cur dog to me..

10. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

he did say she went bak home and acted good

Exactly. Which would INCREASE the chance of positive data and DECREASE the chance of the anomaly being a true representation of the dog. EVERY dog has a "Cur moment" in them, it is up to the dogman to account for this similar to taking into consideration altitude, style, conditioning, diet, schooling........... The question you have to ask is: Is the impetus enviromental or genetic?

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

to be totally honest junebug i get the impression it is you that don't understand. considering he was talking about a gyp that was rolled & multi dogged & looked so good was worth a bet. when it came time to party got spooked. so please RECHECK your data.

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"EVERY dog has a Cur moment" :crap: if you do this conversation is over. because as sure as a frogs ass is wet you are green.

13. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

So was she started or not cuz maybe im missin sumthin here.:confused::confused::confused:

14. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

You notice how you keep ref. to previous events and not the event at hand. Did she quit at the match or did she not start? Looks like a chronology and grammar lesson is needed.
    A cold dog is not generally considered a cur because it did not START but a dog that doesnt start is a cur? fascinating......

15. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

Absolutely! Please prove me wrong without talking like a child. tigerlines couldn't;). Yes, i am about as green as they come (see how i pulled the rug from under you)

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

no CLK you ain't missing the point junebug is offering excuses. that or he don't know the difference between COLD & CUR. point blank cold dogs dont get schooled & damn sure don't get multi dogged or run through anything. a rough cur can do that in there own yard but take them out there back yard & it's all down hill from there.

17. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

junebug you cheeky fucker:D.......im yet to comment on this thread,..... stop refering to previous events , and stick to the events at hand;)

18. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

well we learn sumthin new everyday bcuz my understanding was that once a dog is started, THEY ARE STARTED:D:mad:

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

there's nothing for me to prove junebug because your reply speak for itself. anyone that ever seen a cold dog will tell you the same. im not about to repost what i already told you. there is a serch button & lots of threads on cold dogs. & no i don't see how you pulled anything from BB.

20. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

This is what ben is telling his boss when asked if he started work TODAY: I started yesterday and the day before sooooo by definition (?) i STARTED to work TODAY. If a dog doesn't cross the line from the get go, did it start?