1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hard Culling or Genetic Re-Direction by CA Jack

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Naustroms, Jan 12, 2010.

1. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I think it was just a question.. But i by no means is tryna speak for the man... i would hate for you to break down his 5 word post to prove how he insinuated minuteman was Jack...
    I wont lie, you had a fewgood points in this thread but u talk to fuckin much.

2. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Nice avatar Preme

3. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

I think it was just a question..

That was all you needed to say clkennels. No need to run your mouth and "talk to fuckin much". Would 800+ post in a year and a half constitute "talkin to fuckin much" as oppose to my paltry 200 post in over 2 years?:rolleyes: Another good point wouldn't you say?
    Why can't people just enjoy their dog(s) without having a "kennel"?......and another one.

4. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

sensitive eh? i will agree with you cuz i see no point in internet beef.

5. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

No, you will agree with me because i exposed your hypocrisy and put you in your place. If you truly saw no point in internet beef then you probably would not have run off at the mouth esp. when no one was talking to you;).

Youngman, sensitive would be insulting someone who wasn't talking to you or insulting you because something i said to your mentor (jack) made you feel emasculated. right minuteman and cl (no need for kennel right:rolleyes:)?

6. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

okay..........

7. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Buuuuuuuut... assuming the OP was asking a question... People have alot of different definitions of what hard culling is. I myself would say as long as the breeder has an experienced eye and takes an honest look at his dogs, Hard culling is the way too go.
    I'm not saying cull the dog because u 3 dogged him and he quit on the 3rd..Be realistic.. Plus i doubt hard culling ever hurt the game:D

8. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

People have alot of different definitions of what hard culling is

I agree. I asked jack to define the term but no reply yet. See post #53 and #57. What would be your definition?

9. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

I myself would say as long as the breeder has an experienced eye and takes an honest look at his dogs, Hard culling is the way too go.

Couldn't agree more.

10. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

Plus i doubt hard culling ever hurt the game

I agree but i think jack doesn't. Isn't that the premise of his essay (that it HAS hurt the game)?

11. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Hard culling to me is Culling that Champion that won 3 in a row in under :25 each and as soon as he meets a dog with equal ability he dont wanna cross the street :10 in. This shit aint sposed to be about how much you bonded or love that dog. Take a honest look at your dogs and if that dog aint what you want cull... Just cuz he win shows dont mean he aint a cur. As soon as you keep him around to win a lil more $ and you retire him, 9/10 you gonna breed him
    if you want the best yard around, there is no point in puttin out half ass dogs.

12. MinuteMan1979

MinuteMan1979 Big Dog

Ok, here's my "Hard Culling" question:

You have a gyp that demolishes everything in school pushing weight. Straight stone cold FINISHES in 3 minutes. The exact style you prefer, with mucho MUCHO mouth...
    But, you don't know if she's game, so you put something RUFF on her, and then another when she walks thru that. Now she see's some trouble, and does what a bulldogs supossed to do.

So you take her out. A BIG show, hundreds of people, lots of dogs... and the gyp freezes up. Don't start doesn't do ANYTHING except look around at all the people...

Shows over and she loses... You take her home to take a look, and she looks like the same finisher you saw before (when there aren't hundreds of people around).

So, cull, or breed the baddest gyp u've ever seen into something that doesn't have a problem performing at the big shows??? Or show her at "small" shows and CH her out?

The gyp got culled. But was it the right move, or would she have been a valuable asset if bred correctly?

13. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

I would have no problem taking her to the small ones.But was she (i hate to use this wording)"Properly Socialized " from the start?Or was she one of those that rarely left the yard?

14. New England

New England Banned

so is he saying that if you maintain the same high standards for all the dogs in your breeding program you will be much better off than those who cull trying to replicate the one ace they have.I also heard a story of some young no name guys stopped a couple Mr Wallace's dogs in short order with a rough cur that people thought was no good.He bought the dog from the guy and turned it into
    great match dog,so I guess he had an eye that alot of people dont have.

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

theoretically speaking the bitch would be fertilization that sounds like a cur to me. but how a dog performs & weather it can produce are two different things. performance can be raised if the handlers have a good understanding. production ain't up to us that's mother nature decision. cull'n is cull'n hard,soft or in between each situation is different.

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

JamesT that sounds like a excuse to me.

17. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

It could be ben,but lets say after she stoves up at the big show,you take her home and really give her a good looking over.She act's just like she did the first time,and is everything you want in a bulldog.Other than the freezing up part.Then what do you do?Yes they could be excuse's but i think im might have a problem culling a good bulldog on a count of her not performing in front of very large crowd's.

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

the only world that matters is 16 feet if they can go they must go NO excuse. no quarter asked no quarter given. once they loose intrest in the task at hand they chosen to be a cur at that point. "bulldogs earn tomorrow by living today"

19. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

I can't argue with ya there.I guess i would have to be put in that situation personally.And since i don't conduct any illegal activities i guess i will never know.

20. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I dont think i wouldve wanted a dog that pick and chose when they wanted to show off.. If thats the case I coulda bought the dog that aint give a fuck if Chinaman was starin across the [] at him...
    Plus if that bitch was a beast like you hypothetically posted, do you think that some of her faults might have been over looked while she was in school?
    Just the first question that popped to my head when i read your post.:dogdrink: