1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hand written peds?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by lrk, Feb 7, 2011.

1. lrk

lrk Big Dog

How many off you would buy a dog without a pedigree(granted you know how its suppossed to be bred). Or one with a hand written ped? Give me your thoughts. This should be interesting if there is any response.

2. WWII

WWII Banned

If I know the person, or they are recommended to me by people I know, I'll take a hand written ped.

3. AGame

AGame CH Dog

a ped through an organization can be bullshit just as much as a hand written ped you just have to trust that who you are dealing with is an honest person

4. lrk

lrk Big Dog

Exactly Agame. I'm sure half of these pretty papers are fakes. Two of the best bulldogs I ever owned didn't have any papers to them.

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

well man a piece of paper doesn't make a dog a good one some of the best dogs and horses i have owned weren't registered by any registry

6. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Papers don't make the dog!..The dog makes the ped...they are just reference to the past hounds in Ur peds!!...even though u have some Ch and grch in the ped doesnt mean he's going to be one...the ped is just letting u kno wat he is capable of being!!...the dog has to make his on name and not live off his dead great ones that's in his ped!!

7. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

depends on what you want to do with the dog. a lot of people like to say "look at my dogs! look at what i paid to stick him to! buy one now!" will talk a lot of game, but wont hesitate to throw their shit all over the net.

8. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

If i think the guys is bankable, i would take it anyday. Hell i would take a dog from a trustworthy guy without a ped if he told me itl be a good one, then if its time to breed il go straight back and ask him what he thinks. Down here you can hang anydog you like with ease, shit i could give some people a purebred rottie and give them ADBA papers and they would probly buy it.

If you ask me the only difference is the ink on the paper, and the handwritten fella would seem to be nore inclined to have legit records compared to some byb who thinks he is the shit because he has ADBA papers.

9. lrk

lrk Big Dog

My point exactly

10. punch650

punch650 Big Dog

true true.........:cool:

11. zarna

zarna Big Dog

my patterdales only have a hand written ped , but have spoken to the breeders in england and know all about there ancestors they, do have a registry in england there but not here in oz.

12. HighRiskKennels

HighRiskKennels Big Dog

Hell...The best dog's i ever owned have came with a hand written single registration form.

13. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

that is all u need hell u dont even need that u can just simply have a few tusted breeders to get dogs from its about who u know i wouldnt buy a dog from anyone i dont know that being said the best breeder i know doesnt register his dogs

14. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

I got one thats one hell of evil ass dog.The breeder stoped papering them years ago due to adba sharing imfo with the man and the fact if you dont know him well your not getting one.If I dont know the breeder then no way.With me preparing to do adba show's I need them papered any way.

15. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

if i sold you a dog or pup you will receive a stated to be true typed ped. helps to stop peddlers too

16. old goat

old goat CH Dog

more good ones out there with hand writen peds , than ones that are registered .

17. Kristi

Kristi Big Dog

If i trusted the person I would take it in a heart beat.

18. steinlin

steinlin Big Dog

If you are a showdog, weight pull person, then ya need them
    No difference in either otherwise...they are both recorded, only difference is you pay to to get them from a registry...
    :rolleyes:

Steinlin

19. Copper

Copper Pup

Most of us know this is a fact!!

Grtz

20. duckmike

duckmike Big Dog

you should trust the person you bought your dog from or not buy the dog you should never trust the registry not to give any and all information they have on you and your dog to any-one with a badge that asks for it.that being said the hand-written ped is the way to go and really its only needed if your going to use the dog in a breeding program