1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hair loss?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by d-phi931, Nov 11, 2006.

1. d-phi931

d-phi931 Pup

One of my pups is losing hair in spots is there any kind of treatment i can get to stop this? i went to the feed store and they said this stuff red cell should do the trick cause its not that bad. please give suggestions if possible.

2. simms

simms CH Dog

Can you post a pic? hard to guesstimate could be a few things off the top of my head.

Demodex,
    Ringworm,
    Staff infection,
    allergies,

{Edit: Scabbies aswell...ewwww..LOL}

No matter what it is, should go to the vet and have it diagnosed .....that way you know what your dealing with in your breeding program. Ppl can suggest things to you and you can spend a whole lot of time going back and forth trying to figure it out.... derm issues are a pain in the ass, sometimes not easily treated.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2006
  3. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

It could be some type of skin irritation, allergy, or maybe even mange. My best advice would be to take the dog to the vet or atleast call a vet and ask their opinion.

4. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

What food are you currently feeding and did your dog eat anything strange that you know of. Did you use any type of soap on them other than dog shampoo, could be ringworms as well. What does it look like?