1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

H.R. 137 passed house of reps

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Verderben, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Got this in my email today. He is an idiot to think that since this bill passed the house of reps that people will be closing thier "animal fighting pits" . Its already a felony and they still do it. Now if you are traveling with your pit bull better hope you dont get pulled over by an anti pit bull cop because you can now go to jail if they decide to say you are transporting for a fight. Take caution those of you with rescue dogs with scars. Do you really think the police will listen to you when you say you rescued that dog? Thats like my dog Star she came to me all scared up. The pics anyone has seen on here are photoshopped. Do you really think if I was pulled over they would believe that the dog was like that when I got it? I am not going to post her pics on here before photoshop because I dont want no bs or my pics used to further someone elses agenda, but there are members here that know what she looks like unphotoshopped.

Last night at 8:06 p.m., I watched history happen. The U.S.
    > Senate unanimously passed the Animal Fighting Prohibition
    > Enforcement Act.
    >
    > The House of Representatives passed the same bill, H.R. 137,
    > late last month by a vote of 368 to 39. What this means is that
    > after an almost six-year battle, the struggle to
    > enact meaningful federal penalties for animal fighting has
    > passed its final congressional hurdle. The legislation now is
    > headed to the desk of President Bush, who is expected to sign
    > the measure into law. The new law will take effect immediately,
    > and I can assure you that this is a dark and long-dreaded day in
    > the dogfighting and cockfighting worlds.
    >
    > I cannot tell you know grateful I am for the efforts of each of
    > you who sent emails, made phone calls, wrote letters and visited
    > your federal legislators on Capitol Hill and in their home
    > districts. You kept the pressure on and your tireless efforts
    > made the difference. The cockfighting lobby was organized, and
    > its leaders poured hundreds of thousands of dollars to derail
    > the legislation -- but we out-hustled them and we carried the
    > day.
    >
    > Nearly every week, there are reports of dog fighting and
    > cockfighting crimes in the United States. It is a vast
    > underground network of people who revel in seeing animals tear
    > one another apart and gamble on the outcomes of the staged
    > spectacles. Now federal law enforcement officials have the tools
    > they need to uproot these underground animal fighting
    > enterprises and put a halt to the the abhorrent cruelty
    > inflicted on dogs, birds and other animals.
    >
    > I hope this victory inspires you to keep working on behalf of
    > public policies to protect animals. Animal fighting pits will be
    > closing throughout the nation, and it is joyous day for animals.
    > This victory reminds us to never to give up, and that there are
    > rewards for compassionate action and perseverance. Please share
    > this tremendous news with others and let them know that you had
    > a part in making it happen.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Wayne Pacelle
    > President & CEO
    > The Humane Society of the United States

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That is no new thing. It has been illegal to transport a "fighting dog" for years now.

3. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I know so why do they feel we need more laws for the same thing. Why not just enforce the laws we have??

4. WWII

WWII Banned

Simple. To make it look like they are actually making a difference, when infact they are doing nothing.

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Elections are coming up, alot of these well-named bullshit laws fly through this time of the season. It's not what the bill contains that representatives are voting on, who is going to stand a chance when voting against a "stop dog fighting" law. It's a political nightmare, unfortunately, most representatives care more about getting re-elected, then doing the right thing.

6. Attila

Attila Guest

coat tails. I have been preaching on this shit for years. there are several reasons they do it. The bill is useless, the bill can't pass on its own, and it drives their numbers up to make them look like they did something for the 175 thousand dollars we pay them to sit on their worthless asses all year doing coke and screwing whores.

When we force representation for taxation it may get better. But right now their isn't one person in the house or senate worth a red dime.

7. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

hEREs the problem. That bill makes interstate transport a felony That means US Attorney prosecutors that dont waste time on misdemeanors will hit a few dog men. It has already started. In OHio they raided OG posse and a few others because of this bull shit law

8. bigcespits

bigcespits Big Dog

THATS LAW WAS PASS NOT ONLY FOR DOGS BUT ALSO FOR COCKFIGHTING.THIS LAW WILL EFFECT MANY AMERCIANS. FARMER,FEED STORE,SOON WE WILL HAVE ALOT OF PPL KNOCKING ON THE WELFARE LINE CAUSE OF THIS LAW.INSTEAD OF OUR GOVERNMANT SPEANDING OUR MONEY IN PROTECTING OUR KIDS AND TAKING DRUGS OFF THE STREETS.BUT THIS IS ANOTHER CASE THAT SHOW PPL WITH MILLIONS OF DOLLERS CAN GET WAHT THEY WANT.ARD,PETA,HSUS,NOW THEY CAN GET OFF THERE KNEES.ALL I CAN SAY BE VERY CAREFUL. HAVE UR 5 SENSE ON HIGH GEAR.AND LETS NO LET THE ARD,PETA,HSUS TRY TO RUIN OUR LIVES.JUST BE VERY CAREFUL.

9. simms

simms CH Dog

bump...................

10. MASON

MASON Big Dog

Hey Bro.,

This is so true, why don't they quit wasting time and money on this crap and firgure out a way to lower the price on gas. I'm now paying $3.05 a gallon!

11. Suki

Suki Guest

that is it exactly..... it "looks" good, ....:rolleyes: ...

12. Attila

Attila Guest

No kidding. I used to fill my VW bug with five bucks back when I was a teen. Now it cost 30. It cost me $12 to fill my Harley now. It is just crazy.

13. diva

diva CH Dog

I just read about this law. So, legally I am not allowed to transport my dogs across the state line for dog shows? This is insane. :mad:

14. Roadman Jr.

Roadman Jr. Guest

I'm see a trend and its not just with dog laws,but laws in general, the writing is on the wall,..people.