1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gun thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yardboy, May 5, 2010.

1. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

Any opinions on the CZ P09 ?

Nmdogs

2. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

DSC00267.jpg

I don't know how old the cap and ball is, but it's been in my family since new. The Savage below it is about 100 years old, also a family rifle. The bolt action below it is my father's old .250 Savage, and below it is my Mini 14 "Liberty Model". Next is the family "first rifle",a Remington .22 that was passed from my grandfather, to my dad, and then to me. Once my son is a bit older it's his. Then a Series 70 Combat Commander and a Beretta .45 Colt....The only thing not in the picture is my Browning Hi Power 9mm....

3. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Nice bro ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

Kimber Classic Custom Royal (Gov model .45)

Kimber Compact Stainless .45

Glock 23 .40

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I just received my new IWB holster for my SR9C from Alien Gear. I love it. Being thin I always feel self concise of the bulge on my left hip. I prefer people didnt know I am carrying and find out the hard way. I ordered one of these and you would never know I'm carrying 17 rounds of carnage on my side. Very comfortable. Most times I forget it's even there. Custom made for your model.

Highly recommend them.

Concealed carry holsters | IWB and OWB | AlienGearHolsters®

[​IMG]

6. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Nice. Since banning open carry here I understand CCW restrictions have been loosened a lot. Especially in my county where violent crimes are pretty high and gun violence is pretty common.

Haven't added anything new over here. But have been looking at shotguns. Not sure if I want a mean looking Mossberg or a very nice looking Benelli.

7. AGK

There isn't much comparison between the 2. Benelli all the way.

We can open carry here however I think it's a dumb thing to do. If I was going to rob somewhere and the patron in front of me was open carrying, guess who's head my barrels being parked behind. Not that I would do anything like that just how I have always viewed open carry. It makes you the primary target if something is going to go down. It also opens the door for all the liberal comments one will receive as well as attracting the wrong kind of attention. while I agree you should be able to, I think the ones who open carry semi auto rifles over their shoulder do more harm to the cause than good. Nobody wants to see someone walking around a mall with their mini 14 or sks slung over their shouder. I realize they do it to prove a point however it's very bad PR for the gun rights movement in the eyes of the majority of the general public.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Yeah the Benelli is a way better quality, no pump action and is sweet to look at. On the ither hand that Mossberg is a mean looking muffugga, pistol grip, folding stock, grip on the pump and that all so intimidating sound when she locked in.....lol.

I agree AGK. I love the idea of open carry, but it does have it's limitations and bad side. Especially the "OPINIONS", that's what got open carry banned here. Crime was up people armed themselves and started having meetings in public places thinking they'd help deter crime.....only for the pokice to be called on them. Trendies took a stand and bye bye open carry.

In the end I would like to have the option, and don't likr how our rights are being infringed upon. Though I REALLY APPRECIATE the loosened restrictions on CCW's.....lol.

9. olddog

olddog Big Dog

For the price of about $480.00 and the deterrent looks of it I don't feel you can beat the Double Defense : Stohttp://www.stoegerindustries.com/double-defense-shotgun . If you have a wife or older children who know the basics of gun handling and safety, these are easy to handle, easily aimed and fired. Short enough to be a good inside carry and w/ a 20Ga or light load 12Ga it will do the job. I like it because w/ my hands not working as good as they used to it is easy to load and unload. Mount a good light on the rail and it's good day and night.

Olddog

10. redwar

redwar Big Dog

Hey Mud, not sure what type cash you want to drop on that shotgun but if your looking at benelli, look into the new semi auto by FN Herstal SLP(youtube it), my buddy got one and we shot last weekend and man it is bad ass!! Not sure how open carry can be banned? that is messed up. I used to walk around with a .22 Walther ppk in my pocket, no ccw no problems, very hard to detect unless you wear those skinny jean things? I would imagine bwahahahaha. I would also like to say I have traded/sold a few of the Glocks I had and now am rearming with FNH, similar guns excellent quality and craftsmanship(and a manual safety) and made in the USA, they are great guns IMO better than what they are replacing, or at least just as good, and a similar price point.

11. AGK

Are you in Ohio redwar? If so and you don't have your states ccw license and you were detained and it found on you with out the ccw permit, your in big trouble. I travel to both Oh and NY regularly and both those states require it's residents to have the permit to carry. Both also do not reconise other states ccw permit like TX, VA, Pa will. In Ohio if you get pulled over you are required by law there to inform the officer immediately when making contact that you are indeed carrying a loaded firearm. We don't have to do that here in pa, unless verbally asked by the officer. I do not have to tell them I am armed. I look this stuff up all the time to make sure I'm legal anywhere I travel to. OH though, you definitely need a permit to carry that gun. Would hate to see anyone get in trouble for something like that.

For anyone who does ccw, Know your states laws on it, I don't agree with having to have a permit to ccw as I feel the 2nd amendment is my permit to carry both openly and consealed. However, the states feel differently about that. Be safe everyone and know your local laws pertaining to ccw if you choose to do that...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  12. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

Speaking of semi-auto shottys, I wish someone would come out with a 20 gauge that's made in the USA. All the one's I've seen are Turkish. The 20 gauge is often overlooked, will do a great job too as far as home defense is concerned.

13. AGK

Its been a few months since I looked up Ohio ccw laws and so I did just that for Shits and giggles. I need to make a update to my previous post to Redwar. OH does now in fact reconise other states permits as of March 25 of this year. That makes me very happy since I go there semi often. It never made sense to me that I can legally carry from my house door all the way south to Florida yet can not go one state west or north of me. Glad the west state finally updated it's reconnection of other states ccw.... these things regularly change with no promotion so stay on top of your state of residences laws pertaining to ccw if you carry..

14. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Redwar, I'll give it a look. No price tag really, moteso just need a shotgun. I've always been a Benelli fan, but my personal favorite was a Mossberg riot pump. I had a nice over/under Remington but wasn't practical for me at that time. I sure would like a Saiga though.....lol.

15. AGK

I'd love to get my hands on a AA12....

16. olddog

olddog Big Dog

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

[​IMG]latest addition

March isn't the only month for Madness!!

18. redwar

redwar Big Dog

AGK Yes thats is where I am, and Yeah I know the line I was walking and now I am in the clear(CCW)I was not talking about legality just how it was and how concealable the piece was, I was not saying I went to the MAll with it Bwahhahaha. I also watch the laws and try and keep up on my info for my own well being. I was glad we updated the rule to include other states CCW's..Ahhh man the AA12 is something so incredibly awesome it is sick. I had a Kel tech 9 few years back, and one of their carbines also a 9mm, sort of junk, but have no idea about the shoties. For the money my Benelli super nova is an awesome gun. I will be adding a Mossberg 935 to my collection, I need/want something new to bag them Turkeys, my old turkey gun broke this year. Hey Cajun nice(what length barrel on her), I am thinking about building myself another since prices have come down on uppers lowers etc, I need a coyote gun, I may go with a mini 14 or 17 but who knows..AGK, thanks for the holster post I ordered the outside the belt one this morning, I plan on getting the concealed one here shortly..They remind me of the XD holsters that came out originally(first two years) with some comfort additions, can't wait.

19. AGK

That's real sweet CB. Nice rifle.

20. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

16", the flash suppression adds maybe another inch to overall length. Lol I never really liked Ar's because of the price tag but I was offered this one for $400 and I just couldn't pass her ip

March isn't the only month for Madness!!