1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Guard dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by njchmin, Jul 23, 2005.

1. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

while i do agree with you Mia, i also feel that ANY and ALL animals deserve space. I would never want to put a wolf or a wolf hybrid in a small area..the lady i know, only started because of the people who wanted to look "cool" w/a wolf or wolf hybrid and ended up not being able to care for it. These days a lot of wild wolves don't have much land left, therefore they're forced to live right next to man..a bad thing. In north carolina there are wild wolves that roam the 30 acres we used to live on...luckily we never had a problem. But i do think that owning wild wolves or tigers, or any wild animal is a bad idea..can only cause problems in the future..but she's got a good thing going with the rescues..yet her land is a preservation for them. she gets quite a few rescues..and i'm glad she helps them! I wish no one would have bothered the wolves and made them part tame...it would be better off if they would have just left them alone!

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm glad that there are people out there that do rescue work. Hell, a vet I work with & am good friend's with has 2 wolf dogs herself. But even she would opt for euthanasia for these beautiful yet maimed animals over a life of forced domestication. Her 2 dogs, Fang & Bubba, have always been fearful of people, prefer to have a "den" as far away from the house as possible, & stare day in & day out at the unfenced portion of there 22 acres. She's had things dogs since they were pups & they have never known anything but human kindness & have been socialized as much a possible. But yet, they're still wild. They're still shny dogs who would prefer to be as far away from humans as possible & just be allowed to live free as nature intended. After seeing these dogs (& others I have some experience with), I have come to believe that sometimes euthanasia can be the nicest gift we can give these animals to release them from man's cruel hands of forced domestications. JMO

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2005