1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Guard dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by njchmin, Jul 23, 2005.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Schipperke.....fox in the front, pot bellied pig from the side, bear from the back.LOL Good guess!

2. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

We are thinking about a Malinios. Highly intelligent hardy dogs. I grew up with rotties, my mother bred them for years(back when they were bred correctly). I wouldnt buy one now to save my life, especially not an american bred one. Either the show people have ruined their drive or the moron BYB have over bred them to the point 90% are unstable from birth. But anyway it would be awhile before we got any other breed, no need for protection right now..lol

3. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

Well my guard dog is my wifes Pomeranian. And she don't play. Its funny because whenever my wifes dog here's a noise or see's anybody through our window she goes crazy and my puppy just follows her looking for action. So when my pit gets bigger she will be the official guard dog.

4. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I tend to have an eye for breeds, I just have a sever Color Blindness and couldn't tell if the pic was grey or black...lol.

5. Dpres1

Dpres1 Big Dog

Not at all. If you live in an area w/ extreme temps, I would suggest keeping it indoors, or not have one at all. Luckily, San Francisco has pretty much the same weather all year round. Crappy. They do quite well in crappy weather.

6. CB

CB CH Dog

Yall actullay think those dogs are going to work and guard your yard take a look at this bad boy http://game-dog.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=4488&c=3&userid=2551 he is one hell of a ankle bitter hahaha. But on a serious side prince does a hell of a job at protecting the back yard. He already got ahold of one guy that came in my back yard when i released prince to go get him. And the guy squelled like a little b!tch haha and prince drug his covers near the fence and stay awake all night looking out.

7. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Malinois are good workers, but kinda aloof, the Iraili German Shepard I have is a German Shepard from Israel, so I guess its Jewish, dammit...lmao J/K... their smaller, sleeker, and actually more driven than USA/German.. German Shepard lines...they are a little more aloof than a regualr German Shepard but 10X more serious and way higher on ability. Not more than 60lbs, My male is 54 fully grown, nice sized manstopper, hes a little more friendly than the Belgians I seen but still 100% happy to be left alone running the farm allday, I am really happy with him. Check them out Tab if you ever consider getting one heres a clip of some in France doing manstopping work and other amazing things. These are the Israili style German Shepards. You can see how much smaller they are, but still effective.
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/policedogs.html

8. Dpres1

Dpres1 Big Dog

LMAO!! A Jewish Nazi dog. Does he just chase his own tail around all day? j/k

9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Yeah right...lol. No he just bitches about all his ancestors being killed in doggy concentration camps...J/K... I dont need the ADL on my ass...lmao. Seriously though check them out in action in my last post, they are cool..

10. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Getting one of these from a neigbor and well respected breeder(also has lots of rescues and places them out) in north carolina. have to go through a course to get one first. black raven wolf hybrid..high percentage wolf. 170 lbs of straight muscle and stamina! extremely smart, loves kids and family..dare a stranger to come around. Good w/heat because they have summer coats..sorta like a german shepard. here's some pics of our neigbors dogs..all have winter coat in pics..i would just like to rescue a nice one for a pet and guard dog!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2005
  11. texasboy

texasboy Big Dog

do you have any pics of those wolves by chance?

12. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

just posted them...lol

13. texasboy

texasboy Big Dog

lmao, thats too funny i will wait for them to come up then.

14. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

texas, they're up..i put them on this thread..go to the end of page 3

15. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I can get anyone a 100% Red Wolf here in Iowa, a little smaller but 100% Wolf not a hybrid. 200-300$

16. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

misterdogman...the ones she breeds are 100%, but...by law you are not alloud to have a full wolf without a lisence..the ones she rescues are mostly hybrid..see where i'm going w/this..can't legally have a full wolf w/o lisence..but they can't tell the differnce..so u just say they're hybrid..lol! but she relaly does rescue hybrids and 100% too..

17. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

How much do they run. $wise

18. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“black raven wolf hybrid..high percentage wolf.”
    Why…? Being a wolf in a “domestic” home environment is not a wise idea. That would be a serious problem waiting to explode! They aren't "pets" and never should be, goes against their genetic make-up and logic! I would think they are a problem waiting to happen. Logically no one can say they would make a good or even sup-par pet or qaurdian

19. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

money wise..it depends. a rescue usually is about 100-200$ but you have to go through a course and you have to have a fenced in yard and they come and check them selves..but a full blooded one..i'm not really sure..all i know is that they say they're pretty rare to get a full blooded black raven. I know they sold one full blooded stud male who was over 170 lbs for $3000. but they only sold it because the people really wanted the stud (some sort of black raven group) but i have no idea how much a full blooded pup would run. just depends who you know.

20. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Texas, i only go by what i see. yes they used to be close to wild..but these days they pretty much ruined the wild out of them..just like wild dogs..no animal is totally tame, they're all wild and have instincts in their own ways. But in the right home, they're great. i have seen many wolf hybirds that make awesome pets, they love kids more than anything. they are over rated just like the pit bull. don't knock it till you try it. but as far as recommending it for a family home...i would not..but i wouldn't the pit bull either, nor the german shepard, rotty, or dobe..just because if not in the right hands, it could cause problems. But in the right hands with someone with the room and knowledge, they are wonderful!