1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

guard dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by texas_dogger, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I've never heard of these dogs before a wk or so ago. After seeing the BEAST, I WAS MESMERIZED. I have been looking into them a bit and if yhat big move to the boonies happens. His is what will be on the prowl.....I wanted a Presa for that job, after seeing the pic.......

Attached Files:

2. Sabong1

Sabong1 Big Dog

Tibetan Mastiff. Mudville look into Kangal Dog, livestock/guard dog from Turkey. Will fit in well if you move out to the boonies. Thinking bout getting one. I think a full grown male should scare the outlaws here in V town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Inkman

Inkman Pup

Hey guys im new to this forum.

I like to respond to this as i enjoy this topic so much.
    I have had terriers for the last years ebt apbt ambulldogs.
    My dog is getting really old and im now finding out what suits best for me iff i get another dog.

i like to share my 2cents in this topic midsize/bigsize
    I grew up with an old german shepherd (old fashion german shepherd) these r the big version of a german shepherd, these guys guard and protect by nature, super loyal, focussed and nerves of steel.
    Train it and you have a wolf sized guard machine that could be kept with visitors and family and other pets.

Another dog i really love is a dutch shepherd more weight than a mallinois, good guard and attack dogs.

For the big dogs, fila brasill is in my opinion one of the baddest, stranger unfriendly dogs i have ever met, they will act without a second thought, best is to get male and female.
    i got bitten by one (just a lil warning) my girlfriend had one hahaha, i tried to be the dogs friend but there was no way!!!!
    that bark and growl scares the shit out of everybody real deep and dark!!!
    These dogs need to be locked away and not be trusted with strangers.

Kangal thats one man agressive and most of the time dog agressive beast!!! Checkout sivas on youtube. There is no need to say more!
    Never let them get to your bulldogs, these guys are known to give a insane battle to any dog (a man wouldnt stand a chance surviving)

Having 2 guard dogs is best iff someone sneaks in with a decoy suit and a knife it could be done pretty fast. 2 dogs dont give away that chance so easy

4. Sabong1

Sabong1 Big Dog

Welcome to game dog. If a guard dog is supposed to be stranger/man aggressive, wouldn't a Kangal Dog fit the bill? If the size alone doesn't stop the intruder then the canine teeth in the ass will.

I've heard that the fila is super sensitive to strangers. I've seen some impressive videos of them doing bite work but they look too bloodhoundish for my taste.

You have peaked my interest with the old German Shepards. I've always liked them but never liked the look of the American version German Shepard. The Dutch Shepards and malinois are nice as well, super athletic guard dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. brndnew01

brndnew01 Pup

Mals are great patrol dogs but would they be as proficient as say a cane corso doing guarding work? Most mals i have met were insanly protective over their people but not so much over property. Im not saying they are cuddly labs, they just dont seem to have the same zeal when it comes to protecting property, as apposed to working with a handler. Also, akitas are good dogs but they do not handle the heat well.

6. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

kind not retarded if you look at It this way a rottie or Doberman are good gard dogs alert at everything an are agile which adds the most needed part . the mastiff adds to the size an itimadation .adding the apbt gives it the drive and game to pull of their job because we all know a rottie and a Doberman don't have the drive to protect always

7. Inkman

Inkman Pup

Sabong also checkout a dutch shepherd and these guys are diffrent than there cousin malinois...there attacking is heavy.
    More weight than malinois and they also look great!!
    Make sure you get a knpv line and you have a ahead start.
    Europe (belgium and holland) they have some baddass breeders.

Old germans shepherds are there are some great videos on youtube and europe got some good breeders.

I myself am looking to get a dog and trying to find out what breed suits best, i love apbt as life itself but i need some guard and protection Aswell, ...my EBT is really old now and its not a matter of years anymore, presa canario are great guardians aswell but a bit big to live in a house,
    There are a few hardcore breeders in spain and arround spain that breed these guys for guard and protection...a few people i know owned presas and there was no way i could go near them when they where walking there dog.
    They are alert as fuck
    For me a pitbull sized presa would be ideal or a pitbull with characteristic of a presa would be even better.

What do you guys think of mixing??

8. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

Tibetan mastiff aka the world's most expensive dog !
    Look up red flash or red lion both dogs sold for over
    A million USD ! But if you got that kind of cash go for
    It ....but if it was me id get a well bred Rottweiler from
    Chuck Wilson of VA just saying...

Nmdogs

9. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

ERRRRRRRRRRRRR! Is the sound of my brakes being pumped, lol. I honestly had no idea of their cost. At this point I was still doing the typical research. History, purpose, diet, temperment,etc. Hadn't even looked into a breeder yet, guess I'll be diverting that attention back into something else. LOL

Thanks for the info. While I have more time than money, I still don't like wasting my time.

10. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

There's a guy who owns a store here in town. Was having problems with vandalism and theft. Bought himself a trained Belgian Malinois and hasn't had a problem. In all honesty I have no fear of any breed. But KNOWING that one is fully trained to tear your ass apart is intimidating a bit. He said 20g's was the ticket on that dog.

11. Inkman

Inkman Pup

20k for a dog to guard? why? theres no need to spend that kind of money.

1500\2500\5000 and you have a knpv line pup these guys show there instincts from a early age, born as guard dog, just hide them from strangers at all time the first year...bingo
    wanna create a attack dog start obedience and go on with man work and your good and saved allot of money
    or have a personal trainer coming to your property for a bit of money and you still save about 16 grand and have allot of fun with it!!

12. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

If someone is experienced and can handle a yard of bulldogs, they can handle bandogs. Bandogs are not for everyone just as APBT are not for everyone. If you want a guard dog a bandog is an option and IMO one of the best at the job of family/property protection. I wasn't advising anyone or encouraging rookies to breed their own bandogs I was highlighting an option to people with a yard of bulldogs. I use mine for hunting and guarding and I also own a Czech bred GSD male. I find the bandogs superior deterrents and generally just way more serious about their job. Just sharing my experience, make of it what you will.

13. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

XLR8, you must have totally missed the point. I'm not saying somebody couldn't handle them, I'm saying the idea of mixing a bulldog with anything is undoubtedly **tarded thinking. You may think that's the way to go, I strongly disagree. It isn't about handling them, it's about it being **tarded to do so.

14. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

You are right it I did miss the point. My bad.

15. treezpitz

No my bad needed, XLR8. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but it sounds like me and you might agree on this topic, just got lost through communicating through the internet.

16. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

Yup, I guess so. That's one of the downfalls in some forms of online communication.

17. Inkman

Inkman Pup

Every breed was once a cross between something right?, so I think as long it is with a purpose whats the problem? hunters cross pits with a purpose right?..so why don't take best from both worlds?

18. treezpitz

You're comparing apples to oranges, think about it. Hog hunters cross "pits" to do what? To hunt other animals. What you all are suggesting doing is totally different. What you are suggesting doing is crossing "pits" to be protection animals. Totally different story, isn't it? Or am I the retarded one?? LOL

19. Inkman

Inkman Pup

i thought you where saying that mixing pits wasnt right at all...and thats why i was making this point with hunters.

''What you are suggesting doing is crossing "pits" to be protection animals'' : or you are crossing mastiffs to be more agile and have more drive??

can you be a lil more specific why people shouldnt cross them for protection?

20. treezpitz