1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

growing up

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by thedude04, Oct 9, 2007.

1. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

so my puppy is 1.7 years old but he still very agword his head is still to big for his body his feet are still huge im mean he trips over them when running its prople the funnest thing i have ever. scine my other dog never went threw this stage he filled out really well but gunner still hasnt for lack of better words feeled in to him self so my question is, is there some time line that im not aware of or is he just going to look werid for the rest of his life lol i wouldnt mined bc i still love him

2. fitzpit

fitzpit Big Dog

well i hear APBT grow till they are 2-3. I never noticed a big change in my dogs apperance that late in life...but i wouldnt notice anyways-i see them everyday.

is your dog pure bred? Certain bloodlines carry certain physical features and if you have a scatterbred dog it could look lots of different ways.

3. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

well a rule of thumb is whatever the weight of your pups is at 6 months double that and thats going to be around his weight.and they are usually as tall as they will be at around a year and fill out till about 2 and a half or 3.sounds to me like he might still be growing though,more than likely just slow and might not fill out till 3 or 3 and a half.nothing to worry about though just as with kids certain folks take longer to grow,shave and such and same goes for a dog.

4. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

thanx for the replies ya his not a pit more of a petbull top heavy amstaff watch dog blood line....i relized it takes a certian cut of a person to own a true game dog after my last one past away so i opted for the (lack of better wording sorry) "faker" version so i think thats why its hard for me to tell when or how he will fell out but wieght a 6 mouth then double makes for one really big dog lol thank you for all the rules of thumb i well applie them hope your dont mind if i still that ,makes me sound smarter lol thanks agien

5. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Well how big was he at 6 months?

6. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

:) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. Good luck dude. I hope your dogs body catches up with his waterhead. My old boy Dozer was like that. He's got a yoked body with a monster head. All that room and no brain in it. He stays true to his name though. He can move furniture with that big ass noodle. :)

7. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

he was about 60 pounds at 6 mouths like i said i dont clam him as a pitbull so ya im hopeing he grows in to it(im still trying to figre out how to post a ped in here)
    but hes really smart just stubborn hes almost 2 so im dealing with the hokle teen years its like astarting all over some times

8. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Well in that case he will more than likely be in the lower 100's at least i hope,lol. feed bill will be as much as for a Kentucky Mule as for that ol boy,lol.

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

that dog has potential to be a handful. a stubborn 100lb dog, wow

10. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

lol ya let us all hope low low 100 and the feed bill is allmost rediickles i guess it wouldnt be so bad if i didnt feed the most expinse dry kibble i can find( timber wolf) but he loves and hes already a handful he was a handful at 60 pounds lol but the traiung is helping but are all dogs this bad in there teens years or what ever there called he wines alot lol o one more question should i up hes feeding in the winter to put some wieght on bc i keep him very lean in the summer

11. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

only reason to put a couple extra pounds on him in the winter is if he is going to be kept outside all the time.if he is a house dog no he doesn't need anymore weight on him than needed.