1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Greenwood dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by RedGoodbye, Sep 18, 2013.

1. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Please share you're photos , peds , and experience with this family in general old or current. Thnx in advance

2. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Nothing at all huh??? Cccaaaammmooonnnn

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Red I have saw this family come up bfore on this forum and not alot of info came out of it.Thier some of that blood I know on the east coast bur its peddled lol.U prob know who im talkin about im sure.I dont understand why more people didnt work this line.

4. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

5. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Damion may have been the most over hyped dog of the last 10 years. His production percents were terrible. Yeah he produced a good one here and there but overall he was an awful stud dog.

6. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

To each his own what i saw was solid and produced the same. Yis Ole Man

7. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

I know where to get the blood. I have ben offered one and if all goes as planed may be bringing a Greenwood bred pup home soon. Just wanted others opinions and personal experiences with the family.

8. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

its one of those names that speaks for itself, and the histroy that is behind it also. It'd be a pleasue to work with one, cant wait to see the lil one in time. Hope all works in your favor man.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

yeah goodluck red.hope it turns out well for you man.

10. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Can i get one too?

11. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Greenwood dogs are still being sold to the public to this very day by the same family. All you have to do is pick up the phone and ask what breedings were done and what's available. The kennels 40 years ago was state of the art for back then and are very clean to this day.

I have personally seen about a dozen Greenwood dogs and just like many familys/lines has fallen off because once you get away from the competitive side it's extremely hard to get those qualitys back. Today's Greenwood dogs from a competitive standpoint I wouldn't bet counterfeit money on one!

12. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Well you may be teqnicly right concerning Greenwood dogs in General. I dunno? However this pup would not teqnicly be a Greenwood dog seeing as the man who may be gifting it to me has had the blood in his hands for four gens or more in some cases but his blood goes directly back to Greenwood stock. Dogs are as good as the men behind em and I'm honered to be offered a pup from the man behind the pup. If I wanted to get info on the pup I could ,should and did talk to the man the pup is comeing from. I have no intrest in buying a pup from the greenwood family. I was offered a pup from a friend whom I respect who's dogs go back to old Greenwood stock. However like any family who contributed to the breed in the manor theGreenwood family has , I would love to have a convo with them and pick there brain. I would stand to learn a few things. I started the thread simply to start convo and learn others experiances with the family of dogs.

13. I never get tired of hearing the story about how the mountain boy dog died while on loan to someone. This someone sent Greenwood a replacement dog unbeknownst to him. Greenwood ended up liking the replacement dog even better. The dogs name was Jack.

14. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Uncle Ralph was one of my most influential mentors. He was the same for some of my friends, and many others.
    I would hesitate to say he had a "family" of dogs, if you consider a family to be a nucleus of dogs that are knitted to at least some long lived, common and continual scheme. He had an array of lineages, yet had certain dogs in his keep with more influence than others, and while he enjoyed the most formidable dogs such as Jimmy-Boots, his heart and breeding practices always endeared the game dog. I wouldn't shy from saying he did have a certain methodology, and I deemed it to be one based on traits, and that most of those traits came from a few different lineages that he had in the yard. He placed heavy emphasis on the first 3 or 4 generations of the dogs he had.
    If Jack is the California Jack dog, he was one of the gamest Ralph used to love telling stories about. He was a brother to CH Blue Monday, a dog I had seen on more than a couple of occasions......also a dog of great gameness.
    Ralph also liked certain dogs from the yards of Orday, Grider, Maloney, Patrick and a couple of others.
    To answer the core of Red's question, I found a decent percentage of Ralph's dogs, as well as his partner Tom Needham's dogs to be of the strictest quality control, and if someone has kept them in the same way for the past few generations, I think it's a good thing if you can get one and do the same. Best of luck, Red.

15. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

When studying some of the peds years ago that's one thing i noticed. Not just by him but most of the better breeders of those times. It wasnt just a pedigree but the traits of the dogs as well. That's when i studied harder and got to speak to some good men and never forget he said one day "see this dog right here he is bout 25% Bolio and this one over here is over 75% bolio" so me being me said oh so you going to breed him to his half sister to keep that Bolio blood above 50%? Abruptly he said "Hell no son, I'm going to breed that 25% bolio dog to that gyp and hope i keep them bolio triats above 50% on average." I was lost because you have a dog 3/4 wit that blood but you will breed one that's bred different with only 1/4 of the blood and you want the dogs on average to be like Bolio dogs. He said i dont breed just on pedigrees, i breed on good dogs but when i look at the dogs i look to see who holds them traits the most. that dog could be 3/4 bolio on top and 3/4 bolio on bottom but have none of bolio traits. But if that 1/4 bolio dog has all the traits of a bolio dog he will get bred like i would a bolio dog and see what traits i can capture. He changed my whole philosophy on dogs, their pedigrees, traits etc. He also used some Greenwood, Sorrells & Bolio blood. Looking back now I see why he had some good success, wish he was still around shit wish i would of took all them dogs he had, because every pup he ever game turned out to be a damn good bulldog and not 1 pup he ever gave me grew up and quit.

*Sorry for rambling about nothing but hope you have great turnout with that pup Red.. Hey TDK can you check PM please sir.

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

very good post rock and rye and tdk.

17. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

if one line is better than 3/4 bred, Id call it that line, but that is just me - with an out, 2 or what have you.
    You should be able to get some decent answers, like someone pointed out. Cant wait to see a pic if all goes ....

18. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Great add to put it into perspective. :)

19. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

im in the Car with Bamaman, -(i agree)

20. No. The jack dog was bred and owned by the gentleman who tells the story. Needham huh, the circle gets smaller........

Do you remember how the mountain boy dog died?