1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Great News about anti-tethering bill in PA

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by scratchin dog, Oct 2, 2006.

1. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Just wanted to let everyone know that I spoke with Pennsylvania Rep. Mario Scavello this morning about the anti-tethering bill he was trying to push in the state legislature. The farming community has been opposing this bill but he was trying to get it passed for next year. Basically this all started over a dog that was left out to die in 3 feet of snow without any shelter. I know he thought he was trying to stop things like this from happening but I told him even if this law was in place that dog would still be dead because of irresponsible ownership. The only people who would obey this type of law are responsible pet owners. I asked him how can they even enforce this law. If the laws on the books were already enforced about chained dogs having food water and shelter we wouldnt need a law like this. I then went on to tell him that the people in the pit bull community are all upset about this type of legislation and it has already passed in California. Keeping pit bulls on chains is the safest way to keep them and if this law was passed anyone who breeds owns or shows these dogs would now have to bring them inside to sit in crates all day. Not everyone can afford kennels and trolley systems are just not safe. He had no idea about any of this and said to me "there is always another side to the story". He then told me he was dropping this bill! Just goes to show what can happen if you take the time and call your legislators! Oh yeh one more thing...I also told him to look into the insurance companys practices of dropping insurance if you have a pit bull, rottweiler, etc. even if the dog has done no harm. He was very interested in preventing this from happening and said he will look into it. Hey I just killed 2 birds with one stone. lol.

2. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Thats great news, for me especially because i live in PA. thanks for going out of ur way to make this happen.

3. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Good new's Im happy for you guys. I know you and another friend (mutual I believe) of mine are going to appreciate that.

4. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Hey Muddy how are ya? I do believe our mutual friend will be happy about this for sure.

5. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

No prob BoiBoi. :D

6. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Good. Hangin in there and looking for loop holes.;)

7. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

Thats great news! I don't put my dogs outside but I just didnt think it was fair for the responsible pet owners. I do think that if a pit bull is going to be outside unsupervised the safest way would be to have a chain setup!

8. good job scratchin.

9. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

nice job scratchin...

10. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Damn Scratchin dog, WAY TO GO. I need to call my state rep and speak out against this. The more the merrier. Again, way to go.

11. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Great news man. To bad the terminator felt different in Cali.

12. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Yeh, maybe no one told him he would be causing more harm than good. :(

13. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

He shore is!!

Great job Scratchin!!

14. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Thing is not enough people voice their opinions here. Lots of sheeple. That and AR backers and supporters. It's a political thing overall. Election year and he needs the liberal votes to win. They won't win either way, so pass this bill and get our vote. Might not be the total truth, but politics is alot more scratch my back and I'll scratch yours than it is standing for your beliefs.