1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Great Eastern Cutlery #25 EZ open

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lee D, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

2. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

Sweet folder! What's the blade material?

3. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Jeeze man another one lol. It is a beaut. Thanks for letting live vicariously through you. Ever run out of room need to give one away or need a couch to crash on when next months eBay statement comes in I am here for you man lol

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thanks for the offer...i appreciate it.

and i do gift knives (gave one to a member here last week)... i'll keep ya in mind, not alotta folks offer up their couch to save a fella from the woman. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
  5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thanks, ive gotten away from the classy slip joints lately and i decided to pick up a real nice one to carry in my front pocket and these GEC knives are works of art that are made in small batches. mine is #15 out of 50 made.
    i always carry a couple knives on me at a time, and imo its always a good idea to keep a smaller one handy for use in public that wont draw alotta attention when ya pull it out....one that doesnt scream "deadly weapon" LOL

and heres the specs on the #25.....

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
  6. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

thanks for the specs! I really like that blade shape. Will be an awesome knife to pass down from generation to generation.

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

and my 2nd GEC showed up today....a 42 with cocobolo scales. its gonna take one hell of a folder to kick these two out of my pocket

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8. cutt

cutt CH Dog

these sure do looks sharp LeeD..

9. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

Nice looking slippie lee !
    Do you got any custom folders ?
    Ive been looking at the exchange on
    Bladeforums and man there are
    Some nice knives for sale !
    I just got a camilus barlow from the
    60's from my grandfather that was
    As sharp as a butterknife but I put
    Some time in on it and now its
    Really sharp !

10. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i got a couple custom fixed blades, but no custom slipjoints....yet.
    i got one being made now, A2 steel, sheepsfoot blade, brass liners and pins with ebony wood scales w/nickel bolsters.
    i like the sounds of that barlow, lately ive been buying up lots of pre 70 folders on ebay and old camilus is good stuff. unlike most things in this world, old slipjoints are a solid investment. especially if you get em at a good price.

11. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

Same here a few fixed blades no folders yet
    That custom your having made sounds great
    Whos the maker if you dont mind ? As a
    Matter of fact im in the process of making
    My own custom fixed blade ! Yes that old
    Camilus barlow is coming along real nice
    But im still debating weather to clean it more
    As I like the.patina on it ?

Nmdogs

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

im having the custom folder made by a close friend, so im not gonna post his name here...hes starting small and just making a couple at a time.

as for the patina, i like to leave it, knives are just like guns...overdoing it hurts the value.
    a little oil, a tootbrush and a rag will take off any rust, but collectors like patina..its a nostalgia thing, so thats as far as i go when cleaning up an old classic.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
  13. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

Cutco!!!!!!

14. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

I want to get me a custom slippie for special
    Occassions im thinking D2 or cpm154 and
    Ivory (depending on cost) or some really nice
    Wood( redwood,desert ironwood,curley maple)
    Then finish with silver bolsters those materials
    In a two blade pattern should be nice !

Nmdogs