1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Grave Digger first time on a bike today

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by grave digger, Jun 9, 2010.

1. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Well i don't own a slat mill, so i try him on a bike for the first time today. And shit it was like i was riding a bucking bull for the first time biking him shit:eek::p.... he was running like his ass was on fire zig zaging from left and right ever time he see or here a dog, it was hard to control him at first but about 15 min in to that run he was good on the bike. So i only did about one mile with him i didn't want to over do it for his first time so he did good today:D

2. catchw8

catchw8 Big Dog

ha thats wasup

3. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yeah man thats wassup, get a skateboard, jus tighten the wheels if you think its too fast

4. chucho

chucho Big Dog

Thats funny catchdog. I got A skateboard about 3mo. ago and the first time I went for A ride with my female I ate shit at the end of the street. Those few seconds on that longboard were scary as hell. Know Iam able to control, for the most part.

5. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

how do you make them go in a straight line on the bike though? Anyone has any like insights from experiences tried the bike thing once and it was really hard to get him going straight n d leash would get tangled in the handle of the bike. He did get relatively accustomed but ive seen people who have there dog like almost perfect is there like a technique?

6. sod

sod Pup

I used a small bike and wraped the lead around the stearingwheel
    let the dog pull , hit the breaks when he is going too hard and peddle if he needs to go faster.

but it is not comparible with the millwork, it s a different kind of conditioning.

7. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

i use montain bike, hold dog on left hand ( at same time no front break, safer)
    and try to keep dog at my side so theres no accident

8. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Well if he zip left turn right, if he zip right turn left that's how i did it:cool:

9. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

I will keep that in mind

10. sod

sod Pup

use a folding bike
    than you can controll the dog
    you are the trainer, he must learn to walk with the bike

nothing is easy.

11. sod

sod Pup

let him walk like a huskey in front of a sledge

12. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Yeah that's what he was doing late in his run

13. sod

sod Pup

than you are a great dogman ahaha lol:)

14. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

I have a WalkyDog, I think it's great aslong as you have it good and tight lol :P the first time I used it my dog stopped and my whole seat turned around to the back haha.

you just put a harness on your dog and let him go :P You barely have to do any peddeling at all :D I haven't gone out in about a year because I got a 2nd dog who I couldnt leave behind at home :( But she's 1 in 2 weeks so it won't be long now :D What age should they be 1st time?

15. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I tried it years ago when I was young.I was helping this older guy with a couple of dogs geting them in shape for a show.He said I wouldn't do that.I did thought I would prove something.I knew a place that I could ride the bike and run the dog that was very private.It worked great till a rabbit ran in front of the dog.He took off after the rabbit and I went flying.The only thing I proved that I should have listen to an experience man.When I came back and was busted up dripping with blood,he looked at me, and laughed so hard he almost fell out.From then on when he said don't or do something I listen.

16. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Haha, it's bad that he was laughing lol

17. sod

sod Pup

...lol.... :D:D

18. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

thats why i hold my dog at my side, there is always a risk but its manageable

19. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Do you guys let the dog pull you on the bike?

20. sod

sod Pup

live is one big risk
    its keeps you young .