1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Grade Your Dog Food.

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by NY RaRa PitLover, Jul 27, 2010.

1. I found a site to help out those who constantly have an problem choosing the right feed/diet for your dog. Keep in mind...You should monitor your dogs energy level, stamina, stool etc when switching and trying different foods to see what works best for the dog...also consult your vet about any symptoms from new diets.

I was feeding Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice formula then switch to Wild & Natural but I then went to full raw diet for my boy, I even noticed a stamina increase ( Yogurt, garlic clove/powder, salmon oil, omega 3 & 6 were added b/c when I fed him kibble his skin would be dry. I only showered 2 times a month, then tried showering 1 time a month but he still had dry skin until I fed him raw only). You just have to see what works for your dog. Only you can tell. Here is a page about grading your dogs food.

Dog Supplements For Muscle Building, Muscle Vitamins for Dogs: GRADE YOUR DOG FOOD! FIND THE BEST FOOD FOR YOUR DOGS

Hope

2. This is a good "guide" but it is not fool proof or accurate. I would not rank Kirkland as better than Solid Gold's formula for example, and I would not say Kirklands is nearly identical in quality to Innova Evo as this number chart would indicate....and there are a lot of good foods but notice how tons of food get an A+? There is nothing to distinguish really between the high quality foods because anything that I consider to be mid quality and up gets an A according to their ranking..

3. dogboi229

dogboi229 Banned

Black Gold is some great dog food