1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gr Ch Angus

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by NORTH, Jun 1, 2006.

1. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

[cross posted]
    Gr Ch Angus.

This dog was the complete package. He was so fast he would make hurt you and be on another spot when you went to get him of where you thought he was. In his match with Ch Otis he made a dog that was suppose to be the best in the world look stupid. To best describe how this fight went watch the Ali vs Quary boxing match. Otis did as his sire did and bailed out of the box and went and hid under a car. It took a while to coax him out and assure him that Angus was put up. This dog was known as the Champion Killer. He had defeated many champions and would have smoked Ch Jeep. He beat Ch Fredie, Homers brother with ease. He just made everything look easy. One part of his history remain a question. GAMENESS. Depending on who you talk to you get different stories about what happened in the kennel accident with Ch Ruby, a bad ass female. One story is Stepp’s yard boy came out and found Angus all messed up and up at the house. So they walked the yard and found Ruby was a little banged up. They wanted to see if he would scractch back to Ruby. He didn’t is how the story goes. So they sent him down to Super Gnatt’s, retired and to be bred. What is interesting is how Super Gnatt was known as dog man who put down the dog that went over 4 hours as he lacked mouth but yet then accepted a dog that quit in a yard accident. That alone does not make sense. So this brings into question the validity of the story of him quitting on Ruby. But remember this my friends. Unless a dog quits in the box, it is not a quit. Yard accidents are a weird thing. Many a dog that has proven deep game will go from dog to dog in a kennel fight and then come up to the house. Yet in the box they will got till they have nothing left. So keep that in mind when you have a kennel accident. Regarless of what happened with Ruby the fact remains that Angus was an ACE.

14rock likes this.
  2. Suki

Suki Guest

...clap...clap...clap!!!!!!

3. If this Gnatt realy put down a dog that went 4 houers becose of the reasons you told.....well, then his name should be changed from super gnatt into super stupido. But keep up your work,realy nice storys....regards

4. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

North, thanks for posting these stories. Very interesting reads.

5. preme

preme CH Dog

angus angus

6. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

Great read

7. BmoreGame

BmoreGame Pup

interesting

8. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

I believe a dog quitting against a female is not the same as a dog quitting against a dog or a female quitting against a female.

A dog quitting against a female is not a reason to suppose if hes game or not imo. am I wrong?:confused:
    He could just be walking away simply because its a female.

McNally*1 likes this.
  9. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

these two things happened years apart. the first was when he was active in the dogs. he had winners, and bred winners because he culled hard. when you are looking for winning dogs, culling has little to do with dealing with the curs, that is simple enough, but dealing with the freak mouth dogs that show bad signs early on, or the game-plug that could not do his way out of a wet paper bag but will scratch all night. this is culling, and that is why to win a person must cull hard.

10. Robber

Robber Big Dog

I tend to agree. I will never know how game my male is, but I know that he will not fully turn on to a female. He will fuss and do some threatening, cur-like display, but he is only half serious. It is totally different and all business with a male.

11. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I agree as well. If a female is threatening to my dog he will act play like but he is night and day when it comes to males.

McNally*1 likes this.
  12. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

Yep I experienced this more than once, so this cannot imo be hung on Angus in any way, not even worthy of mention in that story.

you might occasionally see a male go all out on a female but 9 times out of 10 they act like its a game and eventually back off.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
  13. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Bump..
    in my opinion Angus couldve been trying to breed with Ruby and when she tore into his chest he only fought back long enough to get loose from her... i mean after all Angus being an Ace would make it hard to believe a smaller female on a chain could get to his chest if he ran up with the intention of fighting

McNally*1 likes this.
  14. preme

preme CH Dog

any body running this blood

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i saw some pups for sale on pedsonline a few months back
    not sure if they were legit tho

16. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Good read.People are so fast to label a dog a cur just because someone said so.If you wasn't there or really know someone that was.You just don't know for sure.

17. Foe Dream

Foe Dream Pup

I have mixed emotions about this story great read.... But on one hand he made a point I a CUr break loose ab put a ass whoopin on my proovin two time winner in (HOgging)....an when I came out to the yard I found my two time winner would scratch back in to the cur.. I tarted to Cull him ut I you sing etter judgment I healed hm um an about a month later I rolled the two the Cur was10 pounds up hill an my two time winner toped him in the hog box in 2O mins.I ever matched him again but he proved to still be game...But if I seen him Quit once I wouldn't chance it again or call him a ace...But with a female it's different when a female int ready to be stuck she will beat a Champs ass an he will take to the licks so I would exspect a male to scrtach back per say

18. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Please the dog was a cur.. He got a bad one put on him and he quit. He could dish out but couldnt take nothing.. A dog put the whammy on him.. They took him back and threw him to Ruby after they found him walking around on the yard and the Sum Bitch turned and ran.. That is why they didnt go into Jeep.. he already quit in front of their eyes why risk all that money.. Also every person that has ever seen Jeep or Homer all said that both of them could have whipped Angus wit no problem.. All that because she was a bitch is rubbish.. Keep that for the girlscouts.. redboy beat a female in one of his shows.. He quit plain and simple.. She wasnt in season and he wasnt trying to hump.. he quit to a dog that could bring the punishment..

19. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Wasnt he bigger than ruby? I seriously doubt that a smaller female put a whoopin on a larger male who was considered an ace by many. No fuckin way

20. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Shame some of the gentlemen are no longer here for you to talk to.. But yes she whipped him.. They took him back to her and she started to dig in his bottom again and he broke off and got away