1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

gr ch andy capp

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by labulldoger, Jan 15, 2013.

1. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

He year was 1971, enrique morfin of mexico was son to make a huge imprint on the history of the american pit bull terrier when he matched a dog coming from the knowned kennels of maurice carver. The dog's name was carver's andy capp and was sired by jerome hernandez (klaus) famous zeke dog, a hard mouth muzzle fighter and a reputed winner of five contract matched, mostly remembered for his victory over leo kinard's boe. Although carver's andy capp lost the match he will go down in history as one of the gamest animals to ever walk the earth, scratching 36 times to his death. Tis dog was out of carver's (koehler's) goldy and was part of the famouse litter comprised of indian sonny's bolio, carver's medecino and koehler's daisy. Buffalo bill & george's andy capp -vs- hooterville's festus
    males: 38 lbs judge: Cody

buffalo bill & george would travel, accompanied by a young dog going by the name of andy capp, to meet the hooterville camp and festus, literally in there own backyard. Thi was a match that would bring out some of the best dogmen in the south, a highly anticipated contest between two outstanding dogs that surpassed very high expectations.

Hooterville's festus, a heavily masked buckskin, was a two time winner who won both of his matches a thirty eight pounds, his two victims were mad max's ch beaudacious who he did away with in 24 minutes and mutch's cochise who hung it up in 20 minutes, both of these dogs were sired by boyle's ch bolt action rom. Festus, line bred on hand's ch happy jack, was campaigned at that time as being the best thrity eight pounder in the south. This stands to reason why we inheited the title of a fool and his money going into the match. Andy capp, a red blazed headed dog bred by p. Singletary and r boyles, is the end results of a patrick and boyles cross, arguable two of the most competitive bloodlines in the world.

At the weigh in, i nearly fainted as the andy capp dog weighed in at 35 and 3/4 of a pound. While festus weighed in at thirty eight pounds on the nose. The odds had changed tremendously as the edge clearly now belonged to the hooterville camp, their dog being a three and a half year old seasoned pitdog while ors a first time out 22 month old prospect weighing more than two pounds under weight. Admittedly because of our situation i silently began to loose confidence in our being victorious. Although our dog carried a heavy mouth of his own, it still semed ludicrous to give up that much weight to a dog like festus and expect to win. It has always been the general consensus that a good big dog could whip a god little dog any day of the week.

Of course it seemed the logical thing to do at this point was to pay the forfeit and leave, surely there could be no shame in doing this. However, the temptation of whipping a dog of "festus magnitude constantly toiled with my mind, snowballing into scary thrill, almost a sickness.

Losing my ability to reason i finally condfided with my partner and hinted around to see if we were on the same wave link but it was obvious that he had no intention of forfeiting the match and judging by his attitude though must to have never crossed his mind. Call it blind faith, stupidity or even ego, but it was again obvious that even in the early stages of this animal's career my partner george simply didn't believe that anything could compete with andy capp dog and on at least this particular night he was right.