1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Got? Game?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Deep south, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

...........GAME...........
    This is a term in the past few months sense I came to Game dogs I've herd this term thrown around very loosely and this, and that one stating what they think "game" is, every ones opinion is different,as a semi pro Boxer i fill my definition of game is as much about hart as anything else the willingness to keep on going no matter the odds and to keep getting back up no matter how bad It hurts how many times you get knocked down you just keep on fighting others think it is not that at all.and are more then willing to state that,(even if it in the middle of a thread about the best way to clip your dogs nails lol ) Webster says game is
    "intransitive senses
    : to play for a stake a : having or showing a resolute unyielding spirit <game to the end> b : willing or ready to proceed <were game for anything>" some think "game is the shape your in, or condithioning,some just think it how mean you are. well here is your chance this. post is about game so here please post your opinion on what you think game is no bickering no quotes just your opinion

2. Classic

Classic Big Dog

I think as far as definitons go this is pretty good :

having or showing a resolute unyielding spirit

3. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

You know, that would make a good game-dog.com t-shirt....;)

4. AC

AC Big Dog

What about coffee mugs? LOL!

5. Classic

Classic Big Dog

Hey, I think you 2 are onto something...Shon hit me up ASAP !!!

6. To me game is a dog that is ready for whatever is coming it's way...whether it is to protect it's family from danger, or simply able to win a pulling contest. A dog that is smart, strong both physically but more mentally and like previously said, a dog that has an unyielding spirit. This game dog is the dog I'd trust for I know that it would not let us down.

Just my [​IMG]

7. hawk

hawk Big Dog

I respect your opinion but when we are talking about true game APBT's gameness was never measured in weight pull contest. If that was the case this site would be about sled dogs and protection dogs as well as APBT's. And if you are talking about pulling contest I think these dogs are DEAD GAME;) http://www.iditarod.com/

8. GT99

GT99 Pup

If the dog was pulling a sled, then his back legs snapped in half and he still gave it his all to pull that damn cart.........well......I would say he might be game. But not regular pulling.

I think of it as heart as well in boxing or MMA. The never quit no matter how bad it gets mentality.

9. Vador

Vador Big Dog

Game is going hours against a bull getting horned into the air breaking ribs and legs....crawling back again for the fight. Meaning the odds have come against you at full strength and your down to your last breath...yet your still popping up for more. Guts heart game