1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Got 2 new pups wednesday night

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by GT99, Dec 17, 2004.

1. GT99

GT99 Pup

Not the best picture but they are 7 weeks old and they are complete terrors as I had them at work when I took this, was not about to wake them when they went down.

The brindle is female and the other is male, full rednose and gold/green eyes. The litter only had 2 males and one was solid white with a small black circle over one eye, but he was gone the day before.

The male is a little bigger and has amazing grip for his age, they play tug of war and he always wins, when they wrestle though the female has the edge, she outwrestles him and gets under his throat or his face/ears within seconds, he likes going for the legs. He is alot more passive than she is right now but she nailed his pecker and his aggression level skyrocketed, he actually got the best of her that time.

god I forgot how much trouble pups can get into, have to watch them 24/7, They sure make ya tired.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2004
  2. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

Look like cute lil boogers, LOL. Good luck - hope you get some rest

3. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Good looking pups.I like the lil male so far,but I'm partial to reds.

4. GT99

GT99 Pup

yeah, my girlfriend picked out the female, There was the runt of the litter that was pure red/rednose by far my favorite looking dog out of the group, but there was only 2 males in the litter, one white and my pup, the white one was gone, I love white dogs but rednose bulldogs are by far my favorite to look at so I was lucky, his grip and jaw strength is unreal, even compared to the rest of the dogs in the litter.

I just got some bacon flavoured nylabones, they were acting up in the car so I gave em each one, the male had it almost gone within maybe 10 minutes at the most, the females bone was still looking like a nylabone partially chewed, those bones are pretty hard and I could see him killing it that fast a bit older but at 7 weeks old? I am gonna have to watch what I give him so that he doesnt break all his teeth. I got the green "puppy" kong which is softer than the red or black and have only had them for 2 days now and he has torn chunks of rubber out of it. I grabbed a fullsize large breed black kong now as those are apparently supposed to be the most durable, hopefully that lasts till they are at least 12 weeks lol

both like to grab your pantlegs and wont let go, normally you try to pry and push your finger in the back of their jaw with their gums/lips, well wont work with these guys.

5. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

Do you have any other dogs?

6. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

nice looking pups!....damn I still have to wait 5 weeks for mine....good luck with them though!!

7. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

What did you name them?

8. GT99

GT99 Pup

I have a pitbull/bullmastiff cross as well, she is highly agressive with other dogs but she is not at all with pups, she wont play with them but is very interested and sniffs them while they sleep and wont take her eyes off them. When they run around the house she actually runs away from them which is funny knowing how she reacts with other strange adult dogs.

We havet named them yet and it is driving me nuts, my girlfriend is going to name the female and I will name the male but 3 days now and I still cant figure out a good name. Trying to stay away from common people names.

Blitz, boomer, cage and even tito (human name I didnt mind) all came to mind but just cant decide.

Ideas would be great, dont want a sissy name for him but dont want killer or anything too macho

9. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

nICE LIL PUPS......

10. GT99

GT99 Pup

well we named the female Keira after a pit we loved in the past, the male is Boomer

11. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

I like the name Boomer. I remember reading somewhere that DMX's first dog was named Boomer.

12. AC

AC Big Dog

Good looking pups. They look healthy and happy.

13. Chopper

Chopper Big Dog

Yea I like the name.

14. GT99

GT99 Pup

Have a question.

Today is the first day they are being left alone at home, I put them both in the same pen. They like to play fight and get pretty good grips on eachother. Should I separate them now or is it ok to leave em in the same pen as when they do decide to sleep they always sleep on eachother. I like the idea that they have eachother at least because they have not been away from us or even in a seperate room for more than a few minutes. I am going to check on them when I get my lunch break at work. When they fight I just let them go at it but they are still real young so they cant do too much damage. I just notice they do go for the face and would hate one to get a tooth in the eye or something.

Also if its ok to leave em together, at what age should they be seperated? These guys are never going to be tested or anything, they are both just going to be our pets and will be house dogs, never left chained outside.

AlligatorClub......

Nice looking dogs, My favorite lookers are solid red/rednose with little white, my male has the rednose and golden eyes but lots of white. I also love solid white, I wanted a male and the litter had a solid white male but he was already taken, they had a solid red female but it was the runt and my girlfriend got to pick out the female and she liked the brindle. If the runt was a male I woulda grabbed him, but now that we have them I wouldnt trade em for anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2004
  15. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

Seperate them. Put each on in his or her own kennel, but make sure the kennels are next to each other. I found with my dogs, when I am not home and they are left out toegether, they tend to get into things and become somewhat destructive. Also, in case a tooth does meet an eye, you want to be there when it happens. Seperating them is the best way to prevent problems.

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

like zombie said, seperate them in 2 diff kennels/crates, but place them right next to each other. that way they can get close to each other without getting TOO close. trust me, if left together constantly, they will fight like siblings, except things can easily & quickly get out of and if "mom" or "dad" aren't there to seperate them. plenty of daytime playtime for them will be fine. if they are only going to be pets & you don't plan on breeding them, get them fixed-the sooner, the better. altered (neutered/spayed) dogs tend to ba a tad bit less aggressive, dominating, so forth. plus it's an even better thing healthwise.

17. GT99

GT99 Pup

yeah I seperated them today but they barked and cried non-stop, I ignored them and left, who knows maybe they are still going nuts.

I have to get them fixed, after the new year I am pretty sure it will be illegal to not get it done. I live in Ontario, Canada and they have a ban looking to be passed, its had the second reading and both have been lopsided votes in favor of the rediculous ban.